Bednar dodges questions at the NPC

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Bednar dodges questions at the NPC

Post by Dr Moore »

https://youtu.be/vAx1LRSB9kU

Highlights from the q&a:

* When asked about the church claiming fast growth.
He believes the growth numbers but there is uncertainty in the numbers, so he’s not sure about the numbers. A lot of people have been moving so… Doesn’t answer the actual question.

Last I checked, the church keeps meticulous records about, well, everything. Does he expect people to believe he’s like Trump, ie does not read the reports?

* When asked what more the church could be doing with its over $100 billion in savings.
With the stock market it’s probably not $100 billion anymore. (laughs) Church believes in 7 years of plenty and famine. Generic being ready for the unexpected.

Doesn’t answer the actual question at all. Nor does he acknowledge that it’s a valid question.
Last edited by Dr Moore on Fri May 27, 2022 1:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rivendale
God

Re: Bednar dodges questions at the NPC

Post by Rivendale »

And probably the worst. Poor people still have to pay tithing because they can't afford to not have the blessings. Such horrific damage to people.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Bednar dodges questions at the NPC

Post by doubtingthomas »

Rivendale wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:52 am
And probably the worst. Poor people still have to pay tithing because they can't afford to not have the blessings. Such horrific damage to people.
Yep.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: