Interpreter apologists wrestle with Nephi’s transoceanic vessel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Interpreter apologists wrestle with Nephi’s transoceanic vessel

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:56 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:18 pm
Sure, I'll cop to an apology. Sorry about wondering if MG served a mission.

- Doc

That couldn't have been easy. But you did the right thing.

Props to you bro!

:)
Honestly, it’s not hard for me to walk back ponderizing about someone or something if they clarify the factual reality of the topic. So, if MG served a mission, I’d like to know when, why, and what were the specific “manmade fabrications” that threw him into a supposed faith crisis. Right now it just appears he’s doing the evangelical thing of proclaiming a faith crisis so he has an excuse to say, “See? I’ve been where you’re at, but I’m came through stronger than ever.” It’s an empty tactic until he can actually start being honest for once, and discuss the specifics, how he made them make sense, and then subject these rationalizations to scrutiny.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

So, if MG served a mission, I’d like to know when, why, and what were the specific “manmade fabrications” that threw him into a supposed faith crisis. Right now it just appears he’s doing the evangelical thing of proclaiming a faith crisis so he has an excuse to say, “See? I’ve been where you’re at, but I’m came through stronger than ever.”
I agree. I doubt MG had a faith crisis. If he did, it was superficial. I believe he mentioned something about science and evolution. I'll bet he can't explain evolution in his own words and in a way that's anywhere near accurate.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:29 pm
Honestly, it’s not hard for me to walk back ponderizing about someone or something if they clarify the factual reality of the topic. So, if MG served a mission, I’d like to know when, why, and what were the specific “manmade fabrications” that threw him into a supposed faith crisis. Right now it just appears he’s doing the evangelical thing of proclaiming a faith crisis so he has an excuse to say, “See? I’ve been where you’re at, but I’m came through stronger than ever.” It’s an empty tactic until he can actually start being honest for once, and discuss the specifics, how he made them make sense, and then subject these rationalizations to scrutiny.

- Doc

He's got one foot inside Discuss Mormonism and the other foot inside the chapel and is having a good laugh at everything and simply trying to make sense of it all. He has his family too and that is real enough and quite tangible. And he has his imaginary Jesus (toy dolly) and his imaginary Heavenly Father (blanket) to think about to comfort him. The imaginary comforts sustains him for now. For now. But the thumb sucking childish beliefs have to eventually end and even MG will grow up eventually. Don't you think?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:21 pm
I agree. I doubt MG had a faith crisis. If he did, it was superficial. I believe he mentioned something about science and evolution. I'll bet he can't explain evolution in his own words and in a way that's anywhere near accurate.

I'll bet he can't explain why there is no king's name in the writing of Facsimile No. 3 or why Egyptologists can't find the name "Shulem" or what to make of the mutilation of Anubis's snout. I'll bet there are a great many questions our friend MG can't answer.

We have the upper hand. We constantly watch him squirm. So, let's not let him annoy us with his tinkering. We have him right where we want him and we can hold him down and torture tickle him until he cries, "uncle"!

:lol:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:55 pm
Okay, the magic words have been spoken. Bon voyage to the Lehi Company of Discovery as they sail to Delmarva.

They will refuel at Comoros, Cape Horn, and the Canary Islands.

Perhaps Smith imagined Nephi taking the two flintstones to Delmarva and used them to start the first fire on the Virginian beach in which he offered up animal sacrifice to the Lord.

God Bless America.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:21 pm
So, if MG served a mission, I’d like to know when, why, and what were the specific “manmade fabrications” that threw him into a supposed faith crisis. Right now it just appears he’s doing the evangelical thing of proclaiming a faith crisis so he has an excuse to say, “See? I’ve been where you’re at, but I’m came through stronger than ever.”
I agree. I doubt MG had a faith crisis. If he did, it was superficial.
Let me alleviate any doubts you may have.

Yes I did. And no, it wasn’t superficial.

Hard to believe that this could be so and yet I’m an active believer, isn’t it?

I’ve expressed myself in regards to this period in my life multiple times over the years.

It wasn’t pretty.

I doubt that you’re a nonbeliever in Mormonism. If you ever were, it was/is superficial. 😉

I must say that I find some of the responses to my posts somewhat puzzling. Why are folks either unwilling or unable to believe that a person who is a natural skeptic and has gone through a long period of doubt and having had a full blown faith crisis could come to a point that they believe again?

Is it THAT hard?

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:12 pm
…he has his imaginary Jesus (toy dolly) and his imaginary Heavenly Father (blanket) to think about to comfort him.
Dead wrong.

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. God is our Father and we are accountable to Him. And where much is given much is expected. You have left the strait and narrow path and are trying to convince others to do so.

You will be held accountable for your actions at the judgement bar of God.

I know that to be true.

Regards,
MG
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:47 am
I doubt that you’re a nonbeliever in Mormonism. If you ever were, it was/is superficial. 😉
Regards,
MG
Had the electrodes been implanted deep enough and the capacitor at peak efficiency he would have complied.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:51 am

Dead wrong.

Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. God is our Father and we are accountable to Him. And where much is given much is expected. You have left the strait and narrow path and are trying to convince others to do so.

I know that to be true.

Regards,
MG

drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:51 am
Shulem wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:12 pm
…he has his imaginary Jesus (toy dolly) and his imaginary Heavenly Father (blanket) to think about to comfort him.
Dead wrong.

I know that to be true.

Regards,
MG

Im not so sure Yaweh is in my upline. I never consented to be a part of his Multi Level Marketing pyramid scheme.

I would have held out for his God, or his God’s God at least! Everyone knows only suckers get in on the bottom.