The wrong way to be Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: The wrong way to be Mormon

Post by Kishkumen »

Yeah, I would not use Lou as an example of a moral compass. Moreover, the LDS theology of gender is pretty poorly worked out, so I wouldn't pay much mind to anyone who is arguing on that basis. It is deeply unfortunate that anyone claims to understand gender that well, but I would go with science long before I went with current LDS theology or Lou Midgley.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:41 pm
Yeah, I would not use Lou as an example of a moral compass. Moreover, the LDS theology of gender is pretty poorly worked out, so I wouldn't pay much mind to anyone who is arguing on that basis. It is deeply unfortunate that anyone claims to understand gender that well, but I would go with science long before I went with LDS theology of Lou Midgley.
in my opinion Lou is representative of a large number of Mormons, especially Mormons in High Priest positions on up to Bishop and higher leadership levels.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:44 pm
in my opinion Lou is representative of a large number of Mormons, especially Mormons in High Priest positions on up to Bishop and higher leadership levels.
That is probably true. Of course, Lou is pretty out there in the hard case way he carries the flag of wanting compassion.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow