"You've achieved your goal. I resign." Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the End of FARMS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: "You've achieved your goal. I resign." Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the End of FARMS

Post by drumdude »

I don't think Daniel ever intended that email to go public. He hasn't commented on it through his blog, too busy hiding behind superficial travel notes.

He's a sucker for anniversaries padding his blog count, this one though, he has allowed to go un-remembered. :lol:
DrStakhanovite
Elder

Re: "You've achieved your goal. I resign." Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the End of FARMS

Post by DrStakhanovite »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:14 am
I don't think Daniel ever intended that email to go public. He hasn't commented on it through his blog, too busy hiding behind superficial travel notes.

He's a sucker for anniversaries padding his blog count, this one though, he has allowed to go un-remembered. :lol:
No doubt he never intended the communication to become public, but in my experience, universities make it a point in their training that email communications are not necessarily private. The example I was given was that a chain of emails can be subject to a FOIA and even if what you are saying is irrelevant to why people are seeking those emails, if you are behaving inappropriately, it’ll be on full display for anyone to see. The guidance was basically, act like your emails could be compromised and behave as you would in public. Your mask isn’t supposed to come off in your work email anymore than it should if you were writing a memorandum for public display, which is to say, not at all.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

for what it's worth, I was told at the time by my source that DCP *intended* for his email to be seen by a “wide” audience. Whether that was a wise decision or not is debatable, but that’s what I was told.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

He probably thought the "wide" audience would be appalled at his mistreatment :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:21 pm
He probably thought the "wide" audience would be appalled at his mistreatment :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be honest, I think he was hoping that if the wasp’s nest was stirred up sufficiently, one of the Brethren would step in and “fix” things. If true, it was a spectacular miscalculation.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:12 am
drumdude wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:21 pm
To be honest, I think he was hoping that if the wasp’s nest was stirred up sufficiently, one of the Brethren would step in and “fix” things. If true, it was a spectacular miscalculation.
Because like RFM says, this likely came straight from the Brethren themelves. DCP cannot comprehend that idea, it completely blows up his universe.