How Long Until 'Sic et Non' is Cancelled?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: How Long Until 'Sic et Non' is Cancelled?

Post by Binger »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:24 pm

I think if we ignored DCP for a while, he would come here picking fights under his name or an avatar. He needs a "devil" to function just like the Christian apologists needed Hitchins to bring in the crowds for the debates they had.
Interesting take. Very interesting, actually.

Shulem would hand him his head and his hat if there were any conversations based on substance and facts. Daniel could definitely get one hell of a reaction here if he engaged directly. He doesn't need to though. Daniel Peterson can get the same reaction just going on a trip and posting a picture of his breakfast. dopaminemormonism.com
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

more of DCP's reposted, unvetted and/or plagiarized nonsense:
...So I’ll simply share a post that I wrote some time ago during a filming stay in the Kirtland/Mentor area of Ohio, where President James A. Garfield originated:

James A. Garfield is largely forgotten today because he was shot only one hundred days into his presidency and died roughly a hundred days later. If the statements that survive him are any indication, though, he might have been a very good president:

...Man cannot live by bread alone; he must have peanut butter...
Posted from Atlanta, Georgia
:roll:
James A. Garfield National Historic Site
@GarfieldNPS

“Man cannot live on bread alone. He must also have peanut butter.” This quote often attributed to James Garfield.

But since today is #NationalPeanutButterDay, we have to admit...he never said it

5:32 PM · Jan 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
[bolding added]

and in case you're interested...
The actual invention of peanut butter, its process of manufacture and the machinery used to make it, can be credited to at least three doctors/inventors. In 1884 Marcellus Gilmore Edson of Canada patented peanut paste, the finished product from milling roasted peanuts between two heated surfaces. In 1895 Dr. John Harvey Kellogg (the creator of Kellogg's cereal) patented a process for creating peanut butter from raw peanuts. He marketed it as a healthy protein substitute for patients without teeth. In 1903, Dr. Ambrose Straub of St. Louis, Missouri, patented a peanut-butter-making machine...
Garfield was assassinated in 1881.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Doctor Scratch wrote:How Long Until 'Sic et Non' is Cancelled?
I think that's difficult to say. It could be as soon as tomorrow. It could be next week some time.

I have a suspicion that it will be relatively soon. I don't think we can completely rule out that the Brethren have been considering this matter over the last few days. It's hardly definitive that the blog will persist for years and years, I've seen no air-tight evidence for that and even so, it's not like a scientist has ever been wrong.

I think we could be looking at the end.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

noel: "We [Australia] just had an election. No one spat the dummy and tried to overturn the result. Our districts are not gerryandered, we do not have to wait in long line and election workers are not threatened if they are scene passing a mint."

DP: I guess I just hadn't realized that Australia was a flawless paradise. You'd think, after four visits or so, that I would have noticed.

Apparently 4 visits to a country is sufficient to make sweeping judgements on its system of government. :lol:

Australia actually has an extremely impressive and much more sophisticated form of capital D Democracy than the United States does. Makes the US look downright antiquated.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Binger wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:07 pm
Some of Dan's irrelevance can be associated/blamed to the demise of blogs and rise of the triggering social media dialogue.
If Dr. Peterson could do some Donald Trump-style dancing while reciting select entries from Wikipedia on TikTok, it could dramatically increase the number of views he received.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:36 pm
Binger wrote:
Some of Dan's irrelevance can be associated/blamed to the demise of blogs and rise of the triggering social media dialogue.
If Dr. Peterson could do some Donald Trump-style dancing while reciting select entries from Wikipedia on TikTok, it could dramatically increase the number of views he received.
Telling the truth of his Mormonism would then increase the magnitude of views exponentially.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:36 pm
Binger wrote:
I don’t get the joke.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

I hope SeN never gets canceled. It’s a monument to the stupidity of Mopologetics for all to see.

It’s sad that DCP is back home now. I know how much he enjoyed being lost in the death camps of Europe for the last few weeks.

Daniel C. Peterson recently pictured here while touring Auschwitz.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:02 am

It’s sad that DCP is back home now. I know how much he enjoyed being lost in the death camps of Europe for the last few weeks.
There’s nothing morally wrong with having a favorite Holocaust death camp… right?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:02 am
I hope SeN never gets canceled. It’s a monument to the stupidity of Mopologetics for all to see.

Daniel C. Peterson recently pictured here while touring Auschwitz.
I do not understand your need to continually insult Mr Peterson. I do understand he can be annoying. I understand disapproving of his tactics. There are times I am a bit surprised when your normal insults are surpassed to reach places ridiculous.