From 23 minutes to 5 minutes, LDS PR edits National Press Club live Q&A with David BedHAIR

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Poly G Porter
Nursery

From 23 minutes to 5 minutes, LDS PR edits National Press Club live Q&A with David BedHAIR

Post by Poly G Porter »

I rarely review threads here and extremely rarely post here.

Once in a while, for what ever reason, I end up on LDS sh!t and scratch my balls and my head and say WiTaF???

I was led by brother Google down a rabbit hole wherein I discovered LDS Inc has been making b-rate movies in a series called Book of Mormon Videos which then Brother Google's home teaching companion, Brother U. Tube, lead me to David Bednar "answering" Q&A from an obvious non Mormon person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drsaphYuQ04

I found the original unedited 23 minute video here(I skipped to the end of his PR diatribe to the beginning of his speaking in tongues as he "answers Q&A": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAx1LRSB9kU&t=2192s

So many hardball questions with barely softball answers. MANY original questions left out of the LDS INC video, oh and the edit of 100 million to 100 billion at 2:00 in the LDS Inc PR edit.

He also acts oblivious and uncertain to growth numbers in the un-edited version.

How goes the US exit from the Mo'cult? I have been out of the loop for quite a while now. Is the US membership numbers on life support?
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: From 23 minutes to 5 minutes, LDS PR edits National Press Club live Q&A with David BedHAIR

Post by Dr Moore »

Poly G Porter wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:38 am
How goes the US exit from the Mo'cult? I have been out of the loop for quite a while now. Is the US membership numbers on life support?
Yes. Yes indeed.
drumdude
God

Re: From 23 minutes to 5 minutes, LDS PR edits National Press Club live Q&A with David BedHAIR

Post by drumdude »

Poly G Porter wrote:
They've decided not to release membership statistics anymore. So you know, they must be killing it.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

RFM would know the exact quote, but it goes like "once you start lying you should go all the way, from the foundational story to your last dying day".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

“I am in blood stepped in so far, that should I wade no more, returning were as tedious as go o’er.”
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Poly G Porter wrote:

Is the US membership numbers on life support?

Bednar explains that early Christian missionaries paved the way for Africans to accept the gospel. Entire congregations just get it. They have their Bible and know it inside and out. Wait till they know the Book of Mormon inside and out.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

consiglieri wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:26 pm
“I am in blood stepped in so far, that should I wade no more, returning were as tedious as go o’er.”
"Er, um, excuse me Elder Macbeth, but Fleance has escaped."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Poly G Porter wrote:
So many hardball questions with barely softball answers. MANY original questions left out of the LDS INC video, oh and the edit of 100 million to 100 billion at 2:00 in the LDS Inc PR edit.
What was he talking about?