Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:32 am
Especially when we'll be able to link any polemics back to this comment explicitly stating his intent to trash her, rather than to perform a scholarly analysis.
Indeed, Dr. Robbers. Midgley is nicknamed “The Emperor” for a reason. His remark has put the Mopologists in quite a dilemma: if the piece appears, we will, as you say, be able to link directly to his comment. But if the piece *doesn’t* appear, what will that signal? That Midgley was lazy or “couldn’t hack it”? Or, even more embarrassing, that he was smacked down by the editors? No matter how you slice it, he has put them in a very difficult position.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by Dr Moore »

Hmm. This is sad. Midgley has been inflicting pain and insults on women and young women for decades. I know one who grew up in his home ward, who has shared many stories with me first hand. He’s got a long, long list of women who are legitimately aggrieved by his sadistic, misogynistic tormenting. Going back to the 1980s at least.

At this age, with his wife gone and extra time to reflect on what really matters, he shouldn’t be trashing another woman. What an incredibly sad thing to see an old man unable to grow, unwilling to change, so small and pathetic that the only modicum of joy still comes from bullying women.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 am
Hmm. This is sad. Midgley has been inflicting pain and insults on women and young women for decades. I know one who grew up in his home ward, who has shared many stories with me first hand. He’s got a long, long list of women who are legitimately aggrieved by his sadistic, misogynistic tormenting. Going back to the 1980s at least.

At this age, with his wife gone and extra time to reflect on what really matters, he shouldn’t be trashing another woman. What an incredibly sad thing to see an old man unable to grow, unwilling to change, so small and pathetic that the only modicum of joy still comes from bullying women.
Excellent comment as always. This guy has only one malevolent speed and that is always on display.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr Moore wrote:

Powerfully stated, Dr. Moore. The proprietor of “Sic et Non” has been trying very hard to treat the the Supreme Court verdict as a cause for celebration and an affirmation of Constitutional principles. What’s happening instead with Midgley’s antics is that it’s implying that they were motivated by misogyny all along.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr Moore wrote:
What an incredibly sad thing to see an old man unable to grow, unwilling to change, so small and pathetic that the only modicum of joy still comes from bullying women.
Agreed. And sad to see Daniel give him a public platform to put it on display.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:28 am
Dr Moore wrote:
What an incredibly sad thing to see an old man unable to grow, unwilling to change, so small and pathetic that the only modicum of joy still comes from bullying women.
Agreed. And sad to see Daniel give him a public platform to put it on display.
Yes absolutely. Whatever protest Daniel makes about unfair claims of moral equivalency between SeN and this board on its worst days, he is mistaken if only because he serves as an ongoing platform for one Louis Midgley. Again, I know personally at least one woman and her mother who retain deep emotional scars over the sh*t he gave them decades ago in his home ward, the one he still attends. There are many others. Many others! He may say that he is hostile on an equal opportunity basis, but the record shows otherwise. Louis goes out of his way, with a special sort of glee, when he perceives an opportunity to “trash” female critics of the church. Just as he relished causing young women to wince in pain with overstrong handshakes and backslaps, or silencing grown opinionated women at church with verbal lashings. Karma Louis, it’s a bitch.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:

It's based on his religious preference. In his soon-to-be-God mind he is actually becoming celestial, and sharing the Gospel love he was raised to do. His accomplice, Dr. Peterson is also living the "Gospel" by allowing this kind of denigrate of the "daughters of God." They don't need no stinking teachings of that idiot Jesus, they got Joseph Smith.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

considering Rivendales quote it appears that Gina Colvin already delivered the trashing and Midgley will not be able to keep up with it.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:46 am
considering Rivendales quote it appears that Gina Colvin already delivered the trashing and Midgley will not be able to keep up with it.
She has handled midge’s harassment over the years with incredible grace and restraint. Textbook way to handle a bully and highlight your strengths and their weaknesses.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:54 am
But if the piece *doesn’t* appear, what will that signal? That Midgley was lazy or “couldn’t hack it”?
It will simply say that steadier heads who realize Dr. Midgley's modus operandi have squashed it. If Dr. Peterson wants a hit piece, why not have a BYU intern with a semblance of decorum write it?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace