Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:27 am
It is absolutely hilarious and all too fitting that DCP is threatening to ban someone for quoting the Lord’s Anointed.
But the Christ-like attitude expressed by President Nelson runs contrary to the tactics of LDS apologetics. No wonder Dr. Peterson and Kiwi are so perturbed by it. President Nelson is contradicting the methodology of apologetics with his so-called "mantle" and so his sayings must be opposed.

Cthulhu will brook no opposition from Glinda the Good Witch.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
huckelberry
God

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by huckelberry »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:17 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:58 pm
It’s a little wild watching the Mopologists rage when ‘LDS Conference Quotes’ simply posts counsel from Russell M. Nelson reminding them to be nice - DCP threatening to ban them, a poster who’s only sin is to post Russell M. Nelson quotes, is a new low for them and reminds me, once again, that they’re heretics practicing a religion of their own devising.
Readers:

Click here, then scroll down to the comments section if you'd like to read this exchange.
Thank you Dr. Shades for providing a connection to what this extended discussion here is going on about. I followed the link to the comments section and found a tepid exchange.

I am inclined to think that arguments can have their place.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

huckelberry wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:12 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:17 am
Readers:

Click here, then scroll down to the comments section if you'd like to read this exchange.
Thank you Dr. Shades for providing a connection to what this extended discussion here is going on about. I followed the link to the comments section and found a tepid exchange.

This is tepid?
A realise that, as a bitterly anti-Mormon, anti-American, anti-"white" racist, she's very important to you. She's not nearly as important outside of your little colony of shared hatreds.
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:44 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:12 pm

This is tepid?
A realise that, as a bitterly anti-Mormon, anti-American, anti-"white" racist, she's very important to you. She's not nearly as important outside of your little colony of shared hatreds.
- Doc
Doc, that particularly over the top disgusting comment struck me as a different exchange or subject. I am not supporting what’s his name’s obsession with Gina Colvin.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Here's the proprietor lying to support what's his name's obsession:
DanielPeterson Mod Need an ark? I Noah guy! 4 days ago

naa'ing: "If I recall correctly, that's where you first met Professor Gina Colvin?"

Stop being an idiot.

Some of the folks on your board have ginned up a ridiculous conspiracy theory about Professor Midgley and Gina Colvin that has no actual basis in fact. That not only flies but soars over at your odd little corner of the web -- but don't try to pollute my blog with it.

That's a warning, by the way
I bolded the lie. I have no idea why P does this, everytime he does people re-post the Midge's threats---oh, wait. Maybe it's another strategy to stir up attention. After all, even bad publicity is still publicity, right? \s :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Kiwi57 LDS Conference Quotes 3 days ago

So far, four comments... Every one of them defends an attacker by attacking a defender.
For a minute there I thought kewpie was offering the blog owner some advice!
:lol:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I think what Mopologists are doing is agreeing publically so other sheeple Mormons can see them, with Nelson to love one another, and they add the caveat under their breath (quiet enough neither Nelson nor the Holy Ghost can hear their real sworn oath of their own priesthood) hands over their garment compass and square marks on their sacred garments, at their breast "except our enemies who disagree with us on our doctrine, history, philosophy, and desires for our 2nd anointings, so we, the most important of God's chosen defenders, we, and we alone may achieve the exalted Elohim status demonstrating to the world our own greatness. These disagreers and future TK Smoothies we will mock and destroy as we will, Nelson be damned. Apostates be damned. Mormon Sheeple who disagree with us be damned. We? Oh, why, we be blessed and exalted is the only prayer of ours worth uttering. All other lesser gods go suck eggs, losers."
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Marcus wrote: Maybe it's another strategy to stir up attention. After all, even bad publicity is still publicity
That's what I'm going with. The comment sectioners aren't fans of Midgley or FARMS. They are mostly unhinged right-wingers concerned about politics. They don't care what some old creep's favorite travel spot is. The only explanation for the post is to troll this board for a reaction. And he got it. But, there are some dark implications.

It's much like a hot-head knowingly putting his girlfriend in danger with a rival hothead hoping for a reaction, so that he can then overreact with vengeance against his rival with the justification of protecting his girlfriend. It's all about the justified war, as they say at Interpreter. The plot of every 80's action movie when FARMS was at its peak.

According to the Proprietor, Midgley is a portrait of innocence and goodness. So he's in a fork. His first option, if Midgley really is the sensitive, good man that the Proprietor believes, then he's thrown him under the bus to continue the battle with his online enemies. At the very least, he's guilty of gross negligence. Perhaps the analogous hothead forgot that a couple years ago his girlfriend was put in great danger by his rivals, and so one day he starts throwing pics of his GF on Instagram with notes that clearly reflect back on the past situation, forgetting how that would ignite the anger of his enemies. The other option is that Midgley is just as aggressive if not more than the Proprietor, an epic, revenge-fueled hothead, and is happy to play the victim in order to escalate the conflict so that the Proprietor can make threats banning or even proceed with the bans.

Either way, it makes the Proprietor look bad.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

In case anyone missed this recent interview with Sandra Tanner, it discusses Louis Midgley's behavior and how much Michael Quinn despised him:

https://youtu.be/AQSwBMQND5s?t=3637
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:57 pm
In case anyone missed this recent interview with Sandra Tanner, it discusses Louis Midgley's behavior and how much Michael Quinn despised him:

https://youtu.be/AQSwBMQND5s?t=3637
Midgley is the kind of apologist who makes the LDS Church look bad. Had he stuck to writing positive pieces of scholarship, he might have been a net positive for the Church. Unfortunately, he seems to have reveled in being a pit bull, and that was bad for everyone.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow