Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dastardly stem
God

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by dastardly stem »

How his chance encounter grows into him inserting himself into their marriage relationship is ridiculous. The poor old guy has lost it, if he ever had it.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:08 pm
Imagine if a Mopologist were to find a correspondence between Fawn Brodie and a fellow researcher where Brodie had made statements like, "Joseph Smith deserves a good trashing" and "can't we have a little innocent fun skewering a crackpot?"

They'd literally never stop talking about it.

Dan is doing a disservice to his friend. If there is a God, Lou is in need of some severe repentance before he moves on. I call upon Dan to call Mr. Midgley to repentance. What would Joseph Smith do? "Rebuke in times with sharpness". It's one of those times, Dan. Do the right thing.
Indeed. And remember how DCP was peddling false gossip about Dan Vogel supposedly saying—while “drunk” no less!—that he was deliberately trying to “harm” the Church?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

"Both the Area President and the Christchurch Stake President made sure that, with all the adults packed into that wonderful LDS Chapel at the edge of a wonderful domain in Christchurch, we could meet so that Nathan could explain in some detail that he agreed with what I have published about the history of Maori Latter-day Saints, all of which his wife detests."[/b]
In B4...

"The entirety of the country was there in attendance, crammed into the nearest stadium, so that Nathan could stand there before all, and enumerate all of the ways that he felt I was a superior human being, and his wife inferior. As he fell to his knees, and kissed my feet with tears flowing from his rightfully emasculated frame, I lifted him with a single finger, and told him that he suffered enough through his marriage, and that he was welcome to furthermore bask in my glorious light, as long as he bore witness to it forever and ever, amen.

Also in attendance were all of the apostles, the prophet, and Kevin Sorbo."
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm

In B4...

"The entirety of the country was there in attendance, crammed into the nearest stadium, so that Nathan could stand there before all, and enumerate all of the ways that he felt I was a superior human being, and his wife inferior. As he fell to his knees, and kissed my feet with tears flowing from his rightfully emasculated frame, I lifted him with a single finger, and told him that he suffered enough through his marriage, and that he was welcome to furthermore bask in my glorious light, as long as he bore witness to it forever and ever, amen.

Also in attendance were all of the apostles, the prophet, and Kevin Sorbo."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Midge wrote:John Dehlin came to BYU with a huge scholarship, and then served a ragged mission, and ceased being a believer, and became a violent enemy of the Church of Jesus Christ. With some of my colleagues in the Political Science Department, we failed, it seems, to teach him much of anything of true values. The fact is that all of us must make choices to either become carnal, sensual and devilish or to seek to become genuinely sanctified Saints.
Someone needs to do a wellness check on this old man, he's really losing it. Violent John Dehlin, that's a new one.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

With some of my colleagues in the Political Science Department, we failed, it seems, to teach him much of anything of true values
Did they teach him any political science? That's what he was paying tuition for right?
Rollo Redux
Nursery

Post by Rollo Redux »

Hasn’t that moron died yet? He seemed elderly when I took his class in the 80’s!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Rollo Redux wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:16 am
Hasn’t that moron died yet? He seemed elderly when I took his class in the 80’s!
What was he like? And how did he treat or interact with his female students?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Dr LOD
Nursery

Post by Dr LOD »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:40 am
Gotta love the Midge, stalker en chief. I can't wait to see his angry old man piece about how Ms. Colvin ruined his narrative with the truth. The Maori were always viewed as less than by the very missionaries that preached to them, an attitude embraced by the Midge, although denied by him. Sorry buddy, your narrative or made up nonsense did the Maori no good at all.
I especially liked where he put into print in the Interpreter his objection of Colvin putting his heroic idea of the Māori being Nephite and NOT as he said a “muddy Lamanite”

Bunch of racist cultural appropriation BS, so they can have some “faith promoting mascots” to march around.

A couple of years ago I challenged Midget to write such an article as he is threatening now.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

_Lemmie wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:44 pm
...I took a quick look into the New Zealand privacy acts, and it seems that Midgley’s [implied] involvement of the Area and Stake Presidencies in locating the congregation of and then arranging a meeting with the member spouse of a woman, and/or the woman herself who is no longer a member of their church may have violated the law regarding how churches can use and share personal information...
this old comment seems even more relevant now.