Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by Dr. Shades »

Midgley brags about becoming fast friends with her husband, Nathan Colvin, as soon as he met him. I wonder if Nathan will still consider him a friend (assuming he ever actually did so) when Midgley gives the man's wife "a good trashing?"
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
huckelberry
God

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by huckelberry »

The opening post here has a link to Patheos if I follow it I find I cannot read because there is this screen saying sign up and enter email address. I am unsure I want to do such a thing. I have rather limited interest in content there.If I sign up what sort of thing have I gotten myself into?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:31 pm
The opening post here has a link to Patheos if I follow it I find I cannot read because there is this screen saying sign up and enter email address. I am unsure I want to do such a thing. I have rather limited interest in content there.If I sign up what sort of thing have I gotten myself into?
Think of it as the Spirit Paradise forum heavily moderated (ie, lots of bannings and censures of critics) in favor of Mormons along the likes of MG, AM, and the such.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:42 am
drumdude wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:28 am

Agreed. And sad to see Daniel give him a public platform to put it on display.
Yes absolutely. Whatever protest Daniel makes about unfair claims of moral equivalency between SeN and this board on its worst days, he is mistaken if only because he serves as an ongoing platform for one Louis Midgley.
Check out the latest, Dr. Moore:
FJ wrote:Louis: “I am writing an essay in which I may, for very good reasons, trash her. She deserves a good trashing.”

Might I gently suggest that before you do so, you might want to get an honest opinion from a friend or family member you trust about whether this is a prudent course of action.

Take my advice or leave it. Just trying to help save yourself from yourself.
Daniel Peterson wrote:Do you think that she should be exempt from criticism or challenge?

If so, why?

Are the others who should never be criticized or challenged?
FJ wrote:Daniel: “Do you think that she should be exempt from criticism or challenge? If so, why?

Dan, are we talking about legitimate and professional criticism or are we talking about a “trashing” of a woman who deserves to be “trashed?”
DCP wrote:I'm entirely confident, having known Professor Midgley well for most of my adult life and knowing his colorful way of expressing himself -- he is a very vivid personality -- that we're talking about intellectually serious professional criticism. Of course, whether you'll regard it as "legitimate" I cannot begin to say. There are sometimes disagreements on such matters.
A "very vivid personality"?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Louis Midgley > axelbeingcivil • 20 hours ago

axelbeingcivil is clearly not all that aware of the history of the Church of Jesus Christ.

axelbeingcivil > Louis Midgley • 20 hours ago

You seem weirdly obsessed with me.

DanielPeterson Mod > axelbeingcivil • 20 hours ago

abc "You seem weirdly obsessed with me."

Please don't start down this path.

axelbeingcivil > DanielPeterson • 17 hours ago

I admit, I'm being a bit hyperbolic, but Midgley keeps responding to me as if they're speaking to an audience, not to me, and it feels a little strange. If they keep it up, though, I'll just block them and be done with it.
one would imagine that DCP would see the wisdom in advising his good lds friend midgley the same. Midgley has announced plans to publish, in Peterson's journal, "a good trashing" of Gina Colvin, for no other reason than that "she deserves it."

How will Peterson spin the peer review for that?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:34 pm
DCP wrote:I'm entirely confident, having known Professor Midgley well for most of my adult life and knowing his colorful way of expressing himself -- he is a very vivid personality -- that we're talking about intellectually serious professional criticism. Of course, whether you'll regard it as "legitimate" I cannot begin to say. There are sometimes disagreements on such matters.
combined with "intellectually serious professional criticism" ???????

how does Peterson sleep at night?!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

DanielPeterson Mod FJ • 14 hours ago

FJ: "Dan, are we talking about legitimate and professional criticism or are we talking about a “trashing” of a woman who deserves to be “trashed?”"

I'm entirely confident, having known Professor Midgley well for most of my adult life and knowing his colorful way of expressing himself -- he is a very vivid personality -- that we're talking about intellectually serious professional criticism. Of course, whether you'll regard it as "legitimate" I cannot begin to say. There are sometimes disagreements on such matters.

--
FJ DanielPeterson • 13 hours ago • edited

Daniel: “ -- that we're talking about intellectually serious professional criticism.”

It’s a good thing we don’t have to speculate. We have Louis Midgley’s own clear and concise words about how professional and legitimate his criticism is going to be:

Louis: “Please send me this rubbish. I am writing an essay in which I may, for very good reasons, trash her. She deserves a good trashing.”

Rubbish? Trash her? She deserves a good trashing? If that’s not professional and intellectually serious criticism, then I don’t know what is.

--
DanielPeterson Mod FJ • 13 hours ago
FJ: "It’s a good thing we don’t have to speculate. "

Quite right. I don't have to speculate.

FJ: "We have Louis Midgley’s own clear and concise words about how professional and legitimate his criticism is going to be:"

No we don't.

FJ: "Rubbish? Trash her? She deserves a good trashing? If that’s not professional and intellectually serious criticism, then I don’t know what is."

Those words, of course, aren't his article. They're not even from his article. It's not written yet.

Happy to help.
a little more insight into the corrupt thinking of Peterson.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Dr Peterson has not known Louis as long, nor as well, as the many women from his home ward who carry the weight of his abusive, sadistic personality. Hey may have learned to mask the underlying monster with “academia” but I am certain the monster is still there.
Last edited by Dr Moore on Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:43 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:34 pm
combined with "intellectually serious professional criticism" ???????

how does Peterson sleep at night?!
Classic Mormonism in action right here. Trashing gets a new name. Colorful. Horses aren't horses. He was speaking to different audiences. It never ceases to amaze me how Mormons redefine everything to fit their world views. It isn't really an oath of suicide in the temple pre 1990. It is a covenant. And this one is covered up with "years of association" and a vivid personality. Unbelievable.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Doctor Scratch wrote:A "very vivid personality"?
Looks like a green light to me. Consider the peer review complete before the paper has even been started. In fact, I think it will be pushed to the front of the queue just based on its prospects.

Notice how "Phillip" gave the information and then Midgley said, "Let me know if you hear anything!"

Does that sound like someone engaged in scholarly research?