Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by drumdude »

Midge wrote:Of course, there are some who hate God and his Kingdom, who sneer at the work of the Interpreter Foundation, and also FAIR, and Book of Mormon Central, and even the Maxwell Institute, when they happen to notice their endeavors. They would hardly have a life if Dan did not have his blog, since they pay more hate-driven attention to the comments than any of us, who seem to me to enjoy some friendly banter about things that interest us.
Midge wrote:For those at all interested in Hugh Nibley, please get a copy of the following: Hugh Nibley Observed, which is an 820 page volume of essays on Nibley, which has essays by Professor Peterson and also one by me. I was also ordered to review this wonderful book by its chief editor. I am confident that by merely mentioning this will cause fits in a place driven by raw hatred.
Anyone else having a rage induced seizure? Their mischaracterization of this forum has reached some pretty grandiose heights. If I was a faithful reader of SeN, I would be searching out this hive of filth and villainy just to see what all the fuss is about! :lol:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (206.33 KiB) Viewed 623 times
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Louis Midgley Issues Another Threat to Gina Colvin: "She deserves a good trashing."

Post by Philo Sofee »

Rage and hatred and villany galore here according to Midgley. And it's because we don't swallow his shallow crap for scholarship nor accept his heinous behavior toward people who are different than he is, and who read different books than he does and come to various conclusions not supporting his own world view and who fart in d minor instead of a sharp. Midgley is a dolt. He imagines that the work of brainwashed apologists are equivalent to the Kingdom of God. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Midgley wrote:...who seem to me to enjoy some friendly banter about things that interest us such as trashing that woman from New Zealand.

A younger Midgley wearing the Sic et Non
assassins robes, without hood, in their dungeon lair
His chant: "All Hail Nibley, Sithis, and Dan!"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Imagine if a Mopologist were to find a correspondence between Fawn Brodie and a fellow researcher where Brodie had made statements like, "Joseph Smith deserves a good trashing" and "can't we have a little innocent fun skewering a crackpot?"

They'd literally never stop talking about it.

Dan is doing a disservice to his friend. If there is a God, Lou is in need of some severe repentance before he moves on. I call upon Dan to call Mr. Midgley to repentance. What would Joseph Smith do? "Rebuke in times with sharpness". It's one of those times, Dan. Do the right thing.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

If there is a God and Peterson calls Midgley to repent and he does, then I feel badly for Midgley all over again when he sins the same sins and the blame gets all back added upon him.

Maybe then we'll learn he wanted a lesser kingdom the whole time? Interesting Mormon experience, I guess.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

the Midge has been stalking us again.....
Louis Midgley an hour ago

I have just glanced through the comment again. I really like the tone and the contents of the comments on Professor Peterson's blog item. There was nothing from gemli, nor was there any snipping from the West Island. Now it is, of course, likely that those on some board are opining up a storm much like they did when the owner and many others cluttered up the very last issue of Gina Colvin's "Kiwi Mormon" blog. I assume that they still are under the fully false illusion that I did not meet and beginning right then and there begin a solid friendship with Nathan MacCluskey, who was then and still is married to Gina Colvin. Both the Area President and the Christchurch Stake President made sure that, with all the adults packed into that wonderful LDS Chapel at the edge of a wonderful domain in Christchurch, we could meet so that Nathan could explain in some detail that he agreed with what I have published about the history of Maori Latter-day Saints, all of which his wife detests.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5903377221
:lol: His story conflates every single time he tells it! Maybe he doesn't realize his previous versions of this story are still online.

the new part is just ludicrous, that they met "so that Nathan could explain in some detail that he agreed with what I have published about the history of Maori Latter-day Saints, all of which his wife detests."

:roll: ridiculous. Colvin posted on line that when her husband met midgley, he had no idea who he was, and was just being polite to a weird guy.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Poor guy can’t stop from sinning. He shouldn’t be speaking for a guy about a possible disagreement he may have with his wife. And in such a victorious way. My goodness, midgley. Such blatant sinning
Last edited by dastardly stem on Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

heres an older text, where Tom gives information about the meeting between midgley and colvin's husband:
_Tom wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:52 pm
moksha wrote: Yeah, it said it was not available. So were the Colvins happy with the visit? What was their reaction?
She chided her husband a bit, listing three "reasons to go the LDS Church on Sunday (these are not a direct quotation but a close paraphrase, as Dr. Peterson would say):

1. Louis Midgley might be present and my husband might think again about becoming a new friend of Midgley's.
2. I would remind my husband that Midgley is "mean and has publicly said cruel things about me" and rather than nearly inviting him to have dinner at our home, he might have defended me.
3. I could also prevent my husband from disclosing personal information that Midgley "might use in his rudeness."

Her husband responded that he "had no idea." He saw Midgley's name badge, thought the name was "really familiar," and thought Midgley was one of his wife's "mates." "Guess not," he added (with a sheepish smile emoji).

She later noted that her husband "clearly missed the name" when she read "the rude troll things" that Midgley has said.

He subsequently said that he viewed Midgley at the time as a very friendly and interesting person. Midgley apparently asked him for his card to stay in contact. Then, he wrote, he got home and excitedly told his wife about his meeting and found out that "perhaps I shouldn't have."
contrast that with Midgley's evolved story, in which he now argues

"Both the Area President and the Christchurch Stake President made sure that, with all the adults packed into that wonderful LDS Chapel at the edge of a wonderful domain in Christchurch, we could meet so that Nathan could explain in some detail that he agreed with what I have published about the history of Maori Latter-day Saints, all of which his wife detests."

midgley's story is what he needs to imagine in order to try to avoid feeling like the creep he really is.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Yes. Thinkin that Nathan devised a set up with the leaders in the area so he could tell Midgley how much he agreed with him smells of narcissism in the extreme--particularly if it turned out to be a chance moment where Nathan was being nice to another person and nothing more.

"Ohh...that old eccentric fellow is the one whose been calling you names online?" The bolt of lightning hits him later after talking to his wife..."oops. I sure wish I realized that then, I'd have given him a piece of my mind. What a jerk!"

Or something.
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

just a reminder from an old thread about this:
Louis Midgley LaneWolfley • 2 years ago

I have no idea how all this works out. I am, however, confident that what Gina has said about her husband is a tad bit less than the truth
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what a jerk this little idiot is.