Peterson objects to rainbow flag on Utah Valley Hospital, mis-identified by him as "government or quasi-government"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Peterson objects to rainbow flag on Utah Valley Hospital, mis-identified by him as "government or quasi-government"

Post by Dr Moore »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:08 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:53 pm
I have a direct question for Dr. Peterson. Will you be adding this to your Christopher Hitchens: How Religion Poisons Everything File? It seems, in a completely non sarcastic way, a worthy submission.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... 788415001/
i saw that story. 6 weeks and three days pregnant, 10 years old, referred by a doctor specializing in child abuse.

there was a comment here recently, something like 'what's wrong with 9 months of mild discomfort?' SMH.
I have had two daughters pass through age 10. No way I would let this go quietly. No way in hell.
drumdude
God

Re: Peterson objects to rainbow flag on Utah Valley Hospital, mis-identified by him as "government or quasi-government"

Post by drumdude »

DP wrote:TJS: "I believe you were the one who posted the better part of two blog posts and numerable comments here about your discomfort of seeing a LGBT flag being displayed by IHC."

I've posted absolutely nothing about my "disccomfort" at seeing an LGBTQIA+ flag being displayed at Utah Valley Hospital.

There is an entire message board that is largely dedicated to misreading what I write. This blog, however, is ill-suited to that effort.
DP 2 days earlier wrote:I think it quite inappropriate for the rainbow flag to be displayed on any government or quasi-government building. State institutions should not be publicly taking partisan, political, or ideological stands.
Daniel's penchant for pedantry as a debate tactic is incredibly wearisome. "I didn't say I was uncomfortable with the flag, I said it was inappropriate."

Well done. PhD level debate there, Doctor Peterson. :roll: :roll: :roll: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dr LOD
Nursery

Post by Dr LOD »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:46 am
DP wrote:TJS: "I believe you were the one who posted the better part of two blog posts and numerable comments here about your discomfort of seeing a LGBT flag being displayed by IHC."

I've posted absolutely nothing about my "disccomfort" at seeing an LGBTQIA+ flag being displayed at Utah Valley Hospital.

There is an entire message board that is largely dedicated to misreading what I write. This blog, however, is ill-suited to that effort.
DP 2 days earlier wrote:I think it quite inappropriate for the rainbow flag to be displayed on any government or quasi-government building. State institutions should not be publicly taking partisan, political, or ideological stands.
Daniel's penchant for pedantry as a debate tactic is incredibly wearisome. "I didn't say I was uncomfortable with the flag, I said it was inappropriate."

Well done. PhD level debate there, Doctor Peterson. :roll: :roll: :roll: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Usually when normal people say something is inappropriate it is triggered by a feeling of discomfort that leads them to speak out. I guess Dan is showing that he isn’t exactly normal people.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr LOD wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:31 am
drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:46 am

Usually when normal people say something is inappropriate it is triggered by a feeling of discomfort that leads them to speak out. I guess Dan is showing that he isn’t exactly normal people.
He just reflexively picks out a non-sequitur when confronted with a valid argument that he doesn’t want to engage with. It’s a skill he’s honed over decades.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Peterson will be the concluding speaker at the FAIR Conference 2022 with the presentation, Apologetics: How to Pull the Wool over Member's Eyes. August 5th at 5:15 PM at the Lafferty Recreation Center in Lindon, Utah. Attendees are asked to help tidy up for the square dance at 7 PM.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace