Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
KevinSim
Bishop

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by KevinSim »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:50 am
No, your "almost identical" responses were to other posters who were making entirely different comments. that was the point.

Just drop it-- every round of your explanation is just another round of you avoiding the issues. the discussion has moved on.
Marcus, you want me to drop it but you don't want to drop it yourself, as evidenced by your comment on posters who were making entirely different comments, and your statement that I was avoiding the issues. You get to talk about those things but I don't? If you really had wanted the matter dropped you would have said so without getting in those parting shots.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

KevinSim wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:28 pm
Marcus wrote:
No, your "almost identical" responses were to other posters who were making entirely different comments. that was the point.

Just drop it-- every round of your explanation is just another round of you avoiding the issues. the discussion has moved on.
Marcus, you want me to drop it but you don't want to drop it yourself, as evidenced by your comment on posters who were making entirely different comments, and your statement that I was avoiding the issues. You get to talk about those things but I don't? If you really had wanted the matter dropped you would have said so without getting in those parting shots.
Are you caught in some sort of temporal loop? What’s up with addressing week-old posts you’ve ignored? It’s very trollish behavior since people and the discussion move on after a day or so. Speaking of which:
KevinSim wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:25 am
I've flirted with atheism since early in my mission in 1979
Did you ever figure out why you flirted with atheism AFTER God answered your prayer that the Mormon organization was true? Seems odd one would flirt with that ideology after having had an interaction with a god.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

KevinSim wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:58 pm

Philo Sofee, I am not MG. MG himself posted an article a few posts back where he declared he is not me. What would it take to convince you that I am not him?
I think they know you are not MG, they're just messing with you because you and MG are just perfect for each other.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

KevinSim wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:39 am
I'm not sure that's a hard fact.
How hard is a fact supposed to be?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

KevinSim wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:28 pm
Marcus wrote:

:lol: you are quoting me from page 33.
KevinSims wrote: You get to talk about those things but I don't?
but you did! here is YOU continuing to talk about THE EXACT POST YOU ARE QUOTING ABOVE, on page THIRTY-SEVEN!

(help for the non-tech savvy: the blue above is a hyperlink, click on it and it takes you to your post that i am referring to. )

i quoted Doc once before, but you still don't seem to get the point:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:09 pm
...He’ll not answer something, wait until ten pages goes by, and then resurrect the issue with a question and claim/assertion that he did x or y...

- Doc
just continue on with the discussion, kevinsim.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:31 am

MG 2.0: Am I misrepresenting anything, here?

No. I don’t intentionally misspeak. I do at times, if there is a plethora of posts in movement unintentionally fail to completely process and/or remember completely something that may have come before. Or fail to take more time to completely process something that I have in my mind before posting because of a ‘rush to publish’. When I see that my time and/or mental space is being overrun I start to get a bit sloppy. When you are one person bulling up against an onslaught of antagonists this is more than likely going to be the result. The main reason I periodically take breaks is because of time overload or mental ‘space overload’. This board is a side interest. Unfortunately it, at times, becomes an overwhelming burden when folks are coming at you from all sides.

Something that most of you don’t have to be concerned with.

So, yeah, I may at times find some posts brought into question as a result of failing to remember completely what may have come before, etc., but I do NOT intentionally try to mislead or lie.

It’s against my personal code of ethics.

I suppose the aging brain enters into the equation too. 😉

I would say that there seems to be an extraordinary amount of nitpicking that goes into tearing into certain posters with the intent, in my opinion, to derail and make hay in regards to the poster rather than continuing conversation on the topic at hand. THAT gets rather tedious.

And tiresome.

Again, something else most of you don’t have to concern yourselves with.

Morley, that’s all I’m going to say on the subject. This has been a ten minute exercise in futility I’m afraid.

You’ll find something to needle and poke at. Or someone else will.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

KevinSim wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:47 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:42 pm
More game playing by MG.
I am not MG.
And I am not KevinSim.

Got it?

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:57 am
Morley wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:31 am

MG 2.0: Am I misrepresenting anything, here?

No. I don’t intentionally misspeak. I do at times, if there is a plethora of posts in movement unintentionally fail to completely process and/or remember completely something that may have come before. Or fail to take more time to completely process something that I have in my mind before posting because of a ‘rush to publish’. When I see that my time and/or mental space is being overrun I start to get a bit sloppy. When you are one person bulling up against an onslaught of antagonists this is more than likely going to be the result. The main reason I periodically take breaks is because of time overload or mental ‘space overload’. This board is a side interest. Unfortunately it, at times, becomes an overwhelming burden when folks are coming at you from all sides.

So, yeah, I may at times find some posts brought into question as a result of failing to remember completely what may have come before, etc., but I do NOT intentionally try to mislead or lie.

I would say that there seems to be an extraordinary amount of nitpicking that goes into tearing into certain posters with the intent, in my opinion, to derail and make hay in regards to the poster rather than continuing conversation on the topic at hand. THAT gets rather tedious.

And tiresome.

Morley, that’s all I’m going to say on the subject. This has been a ten minute exercise in futility I’m afraid.

Regards,
MG
Thank you for responding.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:09 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:57 am

And tiresome.

Regards,
MG
Thank you for responding.
You’re welcome!

Regards,
MG
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:01 am
I see, but I'm sure God will bless you with a woman who is more beautiful.
Impossible. But maybe as beautiful.