Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
KevinSim
Bishop

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by KevinSim »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:15 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:44 pm
Has MG/KS actually laid out 1) what exactly is the “good” that’s objectively good and 2) as such is good enough to preserve beyond the Heat Death of the observable universe?

- Doc
this poster only asks questions and prolongs issues.
This poster is trying to explain why he believes in God.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:16 pm
This is hilarious! Philo Sofee, it's also just as obvious that you are Santa Claus. If you stop pretending I will too.
OK MG.....
So you admit you're Santa Claus, Philo Sofee?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:27 am
Marcus wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:15 pm
this poster only asks questions and prolongs issues.
This poster is trying to explain why he believes in God.
Then do so. So far you've only obfuscated.
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

malkie wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:46 am
However, I do not believe that they are one and the same in real life person - and I say that as probably one of the few posters on the board who has actually met MG. He, my wife, and I spent an interesting 30 minutes or so chatting in a mall parking lot off I-15 about 7 years ago.
Thanks for standing up for me, Malkie. Posters calling me MG are getting really old.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:07 am
Orhers of us also know who he is in real life, and i think you are correct. Someone else has just figured out his strategies, and they've decided to mimic him.
Others have posted that there really aren't many similarities between us at all. Let me just state that I'm genuine. I haven’t been trying to mimic anyone. Of course I can't prove that, but it's the truth nonetheless. Any apparent similarities between me and MG are purely coincidental.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:39 am
Marcus wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:07 am
Orhers of us also know who he is in real life, and i think you are correct. Someone else has just figured out his strategies, and they've decided to mimic him.
Others have posted that there really aren't many similarities between us at all. Let me just state that I'm genuine. I haven’t been trying to mimic anyone. Of course I can't prove that, but it's the truth nonetheless. Any apparent similarities between me and MG are purely coincidental.
ok.

Then just respond to the posts asking you questions, or step out. This prolonging the thread to make it about you is a mentalgymnast move.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

malkie wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:32 pm
Let's try this: KevinSim, have you and I met in real life?
No.
malkie wrote:And at that time did you go by the handle of Mental Gymnast, now known as MG2.0?
No. On this discussion forum I've only ever gone by the handle of KevinSim.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:42 am
Then just respond to the posts asking you questions, or step out. This prolonging the thread to make it about you is a mentalgymnast move.
I'm trying to respond to the posts asking me questions! But there are eight or nine (rough estimate) people regularly responding to my posts and only me to respond to them. And I don’t have unlimited time, so I've fallen behind. I'm not trying to make this thread about me; I just want to discuss the issues.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

Marcus wrote: What is the point of giving an almost identical response to two entirely different comments?

Are you trying to make a specific point?
No! I was trying to answer the questions.
I'm getting mixed messages. Some people are criticizing me for addressing questions asked way back in the start of this thread; here, Marcus, you seem to want me to talk about things I posted way back at the start of this thread. What do you guys want me to do?
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:04 am
KevinSim wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:07 pm
I have no idea. Do you think it is God talking to you?
I'm not sure. What does the Holy Ghost feel like?
I have never claimed to be an expert on what the Holy Ghost feels like. I believe quite strongly that God will find some way to talk to us if we put our all into asking Her/Him a foundational question, but we can't need to know what the Holy Spirit feels like to recognize that answer, because before God answers the question we don't know anything about the Holy Spirit. Also a caveat: God answered my question immediately and I think it would be nice if God answered everybody immediately, but some people go a long time without an answer, up to and including their whole lives. Still we've got to be patient with God; what else can we do?