Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by Marcus »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:05 am
Marcus wrote: What is the point of giving an almost identical response to two entirely different comments?

Are you trying to make a specific point?
No! I was trying to answer the questions.
I'm getting mixed messages. Some people are criticizing me for addressing questions asked way back in the start of this thread; here, Marcus, you seem to want me to talk about things I posted way back at the start of this thread. What do you guys want me to do?
:lol: And another post from SEVEN pages back, where you AGAIN don't address the question but just keep trying to prolong some game-playing. Unreal.

i'll say what i said in my last post,
Marcus wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:42 am

Then just respond to the posts asking you questions, or step out. This prolonging the thread to make it about you is a mentalgymnast move.
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:24 am
Rivendale wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:39 pm
They were indoctrinated. Everyone is indoctrinated. Consciences are a product of social indoctrinations and basic circuitry that your body has.
Rivendale, were you indoctrinated?
Yes. But I won't pay tithing on it.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:30 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 pm
OK MG.....
So you admit you're Santa Claus, Philo Sofee?
Why yes, of course, it's obvious is it not? :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:17 am
I have never claimed to be an expert on what the Holy Ghost feels like. I believe quite strongly that God will find some way to talk to us if we put our all into asking Her/Him a foundational question, but we can't need to know what the Holy Spirit feels like to recognize that answer, because before God answers the question we don't know anything about the Holy Spirit. Also a caveat: God answered my question immediately and I think it would be nice if God answered everybody immediately, but some people go a long time without an answer, up to and including their whole lives. Still we've got to be patient with God; what else can we do?
:roll:

Jesus Christ!

I'm out!
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

KevinSim wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:55 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:15 am
They don’t have to control a mind that controls itself. You don’t read crap and you choose tribalism because *reasons*. You’re the perfect Mormon.
Doc, are you saying you don’t have reasons for believing the way you believe? What's wrong with me having reasons for believing the way I believe?
Here, so you can start over with everyone else.

Have fun.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:10 am
_KevinSim wrote:
Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:06 pm
I don't detach my "god from the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham"; I've read both books several times, and fully believe both books give great descriptions of the nature of God.

Laugh at those two books all you want; I see no reason why such laughter should keep me from believing they're divinely inspired.
Kevin, here’s what the Book of Mormon says:
21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
22 And thus saith the Lord God: I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities.
23 And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing. And the Lord spake it, and it was done.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... tures/Book of Mormon/2-ne/5?lang=eng

Are you a racist Kevin? Because your God is - you said the Book of Mormon gives a great description of God’s nature.
Is Racism one of those good things you’d like to see preserved forever by your God?
Kevin, I can’t see where you’ve responded to my question. Please can you respond?
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:57 am
KevinSim wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:39 am

IHAQ, I don't believe I've ever said my goal was the preservation, forever, of earthly humanity. Just the preservation, forever, of humanity.
Well now you need to explain what you mean by “humanity” and which bits of earthly humanity aren’t included.
I'm not sure that's a hard fact.
Can you think of a good thing that doesn’t also come with a consequence?
Kevin, I can’t see where you’ve responded to my question. Please can you respond?
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

I am beginning to think that KS is God and He is trying to preserve this thread forever.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:07 pm
I am beginning to think that KS is God and He is trying to preserve this thread forever.
:lol:

KS has a backlog, for sure. But I don’t think it just applies to this thread. Whatever the case maybe it’s disorienting to manage one’s contributions to a thread when fielding multiple questions that themselves will turn into more questions.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:23 am
What do you and KevinSim see in each other?
I see in MG a friendly voice, one of only a handful of friendly voices I've encountered on this forum, so I've enjoyed the few posts he's made to this thread, because he's encouraged me. That's all i know of him. His offenses all appear to be in the past; I haven't seen anything offensive he's posted on this topic. So I don't know how to judge him for posts made over the last twenty years.
I should add a caveat to that. I've been posting to this group now for what? A month now? Two months? But I did post to a previous incarnation of this forum a long time ago. I knew enough about MG to know he was actually Mentalgymnast, but that was about all I knew of him then.