Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by MG 2.0 »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:07 am
Orhers of us also know who he is in real life, and i think you are correct. Someone else has just figured out his strategies, and they've decided to mimic him.
For you to be sure you’d have to have also met KevinSim in real life. I suspect you have…has MG2.0 ever interacted with KevinSim on this board (or the previous one)? I’m guessing not.
I have never interacted with Kevin Sim to the best of my knowledge in real life. Besides Runtu, Philo Sofee, malkie, and Dr. Shades, I have not interacted with any other member of this board in real life to the best of my knowledge.

Again, just hopping in to set the record straight. 🙂

Kevin Sim, I feel for you, having to put up with this shenanigans.

Carry on.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by MG 2.0 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:20 pm
When someone misinterprets something you say, stop asking them questions like “where did I say that” or “why do you think I think that.” Just correct them by telling them what you actually say or mean.
Kevin Sim, that actually doesn’t work so well. The crowd will still see what they want to see and disregard the rest.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by MG 2.0 »

malkie wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:32 pm

KevinSim, have you and I met in real life? And at that time did you go by the handle of Mental Gymnast, now known as MG2.0?
I can’t speak for KevinSim but I can speak for me. Home Depot parking lot if I remember correctly. Mentalgymnast previously. MG 2.0 most recently.
malkie wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:32 pm
For all that I'm rather less sympathetic to MG than I was several years ago, I do not think that, if he really is KS, he would outright lie to me in public like this by denying it.
You can count on me not lying to you either privately or in public. I have never lied to you or anyone else on this board. It was a bit discouraging when you made the decision to no longer interact with me. But it is what it is. I can’t control your behavior.

For what it’s worth, I never really lost any respect for you or had a desire to discontinue interacting with you. That was purely your choice.

That there are folks here that are so easily duped is somewhat of a surprise. I thought you folks were smarter than that. KevinSim and I, as I said in my original post, have little or no similarity with one another in a number of different ways.

It’s OBVIOUS.

Chalk one up for the ability of some folks here to make reasonable judgements and come to accurate conclusions. Makes one wonder about your ability to make correct judgements in other areas of common interest to all of us.

Hmm…

Regards,
MG
drumdude
God
Posts: 2563
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:29 am

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by drumdude »

I am a little bit baffled by the intensity of the "MG=Kevin" posting too.

We should treat our believing Mormon friends here well, and always assume their best intentions until shown repeatedly otherwise.
MG 2.0
God
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by MG 2.0 »

KevinSim wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:33 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:23 pm
I don't see the similarities either. Both have very different theologies. Both speak with different voices. Their argument style isn't similar. The only significant thing I see that they have in common is that they appear to have raised the ire of the same community members.
Res Ipsa, thank you for the good analysis. I am indeed not MG. I'm trying to figure out what I did to raise that ire, so I can keep from doing it in the future. I did quote one sentence from a poster that indicated I had missed a message sent me from God, and failed to quote the line before that stated the whole thing was hypothetical; I've already apologized for that. And in another post I didn't realize that up arrows were actually links to previous posts. Was there anything more than those two items?
The crowd will find ANYTHING to hang you with. The fact is, you’re an active believing member of the church. Period. That’s a scarlet letter that identifies you as the enemy.

They will use any form of weasel wording they can to accomplish the task of smearing you and the LDS Church.

Their faith in no God demands it.

But good luck. 🙂

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by MG 2.0 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:00 pm


And unlike anyone we know KS has derailed the topic and made the thread about himself! WEIRD.

- Doc
Not weird. You and Marcus made it about KevinSim as much as he did. As happens with MG.
Yep.

Regards,
MG
KevinSim
Valiant B
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 08, 2022 1:09 am

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by KevinSim »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:41 pm
:D and for good reason. Kevinsims has left off quotes in comments, then multiple times feigned ignorance at what quotes were referenced to avoid questions, truncated comments so as to completely change their meaning, and targeted the exact same people (whose "ire" you noted) with mentalgymnast's techniques, among other strategies.
Marcus, how do you know I feigned ignorance, and wasn't instead just outright ignorant? Also, what do you mean by truncated comments, and when did I truncate comments? You can send me links; I know how to work them now.
Marcus wrote:Maybe a better argument would be to ask why KS is exactly channeling mentalgymnast's previous disingenuities. :D
Res Ipsa and Huckelberry appear to disagree that I am "exactly channeling mentalgymnast's previous disingenuities." And for the record, I hardly know anything about MG.
KevinSim
Valiant B
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 08, 2022 1:09 am

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by KevinSim »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:53 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:04 am
Doubtingthomas, that sounds very interesting. Keep me updated on what happens to you.
I had a dream last night. In my dream, an eagle was approaching me with a very loud voice.
What do you think it means?
I have no idea. Do you think it is God talking to you?
KevinSim
Valiant B
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 08, 2022 1:09 am

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by KevinSim »

malkie wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:12 pm
If the second incident you are referring to involves Marcus, then I think you need to revisit that. I believe that Marcus has shown conclusively that the two items you claim "were never there in the first place" were indeed there.
Yes, they were in fact there in the form of links represented by up arrows whose function I had not understood until recently.
Also, thanks for the advice about what to do when I get confused; I'll follow it in the future.
Marcus
God
Posts: 1933
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by Marcus »

KevinSim wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 pm
malkie wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:12 pm
If the second incident you are referring to involves Marcus, then I think you need to revisit that. I believe that Marcus has shown conclusively that the two items you claim "were never there in the first place" were indeed there.
Yes, they were in fact there in the form of links represented by up arrows whose function I had not understood until recently.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Incorrect. Here are the two items that were there; NOT in the form of just links as you are arguing, but actually in the post, IN YOUR OWN WORDS, which you are referring to:
KevinSim wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:56 am
...Humans need God. If you disagree then let me know, and I'll explain why I think so. If atheists think things through, they will realize that in the absence of God they have an obligation to produce one

If they're conscientious then they will try.
Maybe I'm wrong; maybe they will succeed; but I think it's more likely they'll give up on the whole endeavor and turn to pessimism. What else can they do?
KevinSim wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:01 am
The simple fact is that humanity needs God. If, as atheists assert, there is no deity in control of this universe, then it becomes those atheists' conscientious obligation to produce one.

If atheists have thought things through and are yet not pessimists, then that means they must have found a way to produce such a deity, which would surprise me very much...
I have colored the similarities i was referring to, and my question to you remains the same:

What is the point of giving an almost identical response to two entirely different comments?

Are you trying to make a specific point?
Post Reply