Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by Philo Sofee »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:05 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:55 pm

I am more than sure you haven't and wouldn't spend your entire lifetime talking to your children without ever visiting them, but talking to them through someone else... :roll:
There seems to be, at least in the Judaeo-Christian tradition, a practice of God communicating through prophets and apostles. Some had problems with that, others didn’t.

Much like our day.

But you are right, I wouldn’t…and don’t…follow that same practice with my children. We LOVE visiting with our children!

Regards,
MG
I do as well, which shows both of us neither like God's method and certainly will not follow after Him in that regard. It is, without doubt a least favorable or good way to go about things. Perhaps in your next prayers to him (her?) you might bring that up and see if you can help Him fix it, it's obviously a lousy method, and I should think one with an IQ of His stature ought to figure it out after several failed millenia of doing it that way.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:00 am
I stand by what I said. The church is not a necessity to God.
Philo Sofee, how do you know God does not need the church?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:18 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:00 am
I stand by what I said. The church is not a necessity to God.
Philo Sofee, how do you know God does not need the church?
God has no actual need... need, of anything, otherwise how could he/she/it be God, a supposedly all powerful being? The concept church is obviously a manmade thing.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:55 pm
… no idea how it's accomplished. I'm not even sure it's possible. But it has to be done. We owe it to humanity to produce God, unless we have reason to believe God already exists.
‘We owe it to humanity to produce a god unless we already produced one we believe exists. Because that god would preserve some good things.’

KS, what are some objectively good things that must be preserved forever by the god we’ve created?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.