Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:50 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:00 am

Doc, did JFS ever reverse Grant's position after he became president of the Church? Sure JFS wrote books opposing Darwin's theory. Lots of apostles write books that are very helpful for the Church. But there is a weight that the words of the Prophet have that the words of the apostles don't match. As far as Brigham Young, John Taylor, and "various apostles and countless church publications" go, what exactly do they say that is so at odds with Darwin's theory?
Figure it out yourself you unimaginative carp. We have this amazing god-tool called Google.

https://en-academic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/11766315
:lol:
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:24 pm
Rivendale wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:07 am
And yes they conscientiously cut down the last one. It was in their blood. They were conditioned to cut down trees. They were indoctrinated to think that was their main focus in life.
Rivendale, are you saying that people who are conditioned to do things (who have them in their blood), do them conscientiously? I'm not even sure I disagree with that. Doing something conscientiously is doing what one is convinced is right, and it's totally possible that the Easter Island residents were convinced cutting down those trees was the right thing to do. But I would hope that we've made some intellectual progress since then, and that our consciences prompt us to ask institutions questions before we give them our blind obedience.
Yes they do it. People who grow up in Mormonism go on missions conscientiously despite the fact many don't want to go. The people of Easter Island are no more advanced "mentally" than us right now. They were indoctrinated. Everyone is indoctrinated. Consciences are a product of social indoctrinations and basic circuitry that your body has.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:30 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:01 pm
And are you saying that you find it impossible to reason with MG, and therefore it would be impossible to reason with me?
And MG wonders why he’s been labeled a liar, a deceiver, and a troll. Mods, would you please hold MG to one handle, please?
I am not MG.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:44 pm
Has MG/KS actually laid out 1) what exactly is the “good” that’s objectively good and 2) as such is good enough to preserve beyond the Heat Death of the observable universe?
First off it's just KS; I am not MG. Secondly, I have not laid out what the good is that is objectively good. So what? I've established that good exists. What things precisely are good can be worked out by discussion and consensus. Whatever society decides is good doesn't change the fact that we need to preserve it, whatever it is.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:44 pm

Has MG/KS actually laid out 1) what exactly is the “good” that’s objectively good and 2) as such is good enough to preserve beyond the Heat Death of the observable universe?

- Doc
this poster only asks questions and prolongs issues.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:21 pm
KevinSim, you ARE MG. It is soooooo obvious, you can quit pretending now.
This is hilarious! Philo Sofee, it's also just as obvious that you are Santa Claus. If you stop pretending I will too.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:57 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:42 pm

More game playing by MG. :roll:

WoW yOu GuYs ArE sUcH a MyStErY tO a PoStEr LiKe MySeLf!

- Doc
:lol: too funny. and the mystery poster STILL managed to NOT explain what they meant by the pink part of this post from PAGE EIGHTEEN:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:58 pm

KS,

Can you flesh out the highlighted bit, because it appears to be a de facto contradiction.

- Doc
will that page 18 weirdness ever get explained?!!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:32 pm
Marcus wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:57 pm

:lol: too funny. and the mystery poster STILL managed to NOT explain what they meant by the pink part of this post from PAGE EIGHTEEN:

will that page 18 weirdness ever get explained?!!
Yeah, “not MG” is simply trolling. He’ll not answer something, wait until ten pages goes by, and then resurrect the issue with a question and claim/assertion that he did x or y, which is nonsense. He’s not a serious person, and he’s totally not MG even though he posts exactly like MG. I dunno. Maybe MG Jr. heard the call and is following in Dad’s digital footsteps. *shrugs*

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:16 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:21 pm
KevinSim, you ARE MG. It is soooooo obvious, you can quit pretending now.
This is hilarious! Philo Sofee, it's also just as obvious that you are Santa Claus. If you stop pretending I will too.
OK MG.....
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:16 pm

OK MG.....
Let me jump in here, as someone who commented that KS seems to be a virtual clone of MG.

I'm not going back on that comment, in that I see a lot of the same behaviours in the two of them - I enumerated (or bulleted :lol: ) them a few pages back.

However, I do not believe that they are one and the same in real life person - and I say that as probably one of the few posters on the board who has actually met MG. He, my wife, and I spent an interesting 30 minutes or so chatting in a mall parking lot off I-15 about 7 years ago.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!