DP continues with his Holocaust fetish

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: DP continues with his Holocaust fetish

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:46 am
drumdude wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:35 pm
He is Mormonism's most prominent apologist. I don't get the recent downplaying of his views at all. He claims several times a year that he has the ear of top LDS leaders who defer to him on many issues that they don't have time to do the research on, making his views significant within the religion.
Is he? He perhaps *was*. I don’t think there is such a thing as a prominent LDS apologist of his kind anymore.
You're absolutely right that when he's gone there likely won't be anyone to step into that role. And he has slowed down a lot.

Midnight Mormons are the future :lol:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:01 am
Midnight Mormons are the future :lol:
Midnight Mormons will receive the lion's share of funding from the LDS More Good Foundation, once those other groups retire due to age. The remaining apologists can spend their golden years compiling dossiers to trash the youngsters on this board and perhaps Nemo and Carah Burrell.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:13 am
compiling dossiers to trash the youngsters on this board
I know it really bothers DCP that this board is anonymous and he can't "dox" all of us.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Daniel Peterson wrote:A few of our more shameless and unprincipled critics have taken to suggesting, Professor Midgley, that you and I are obsessed with Nazis and Nazi death camps, presumably out of envy and admiration. It's a contemptible suggestion (beyond being simply false). No wonder they're anonymous.
For my part, I don't know why Midgley and Peterson are so drawn towards Nazi-related things. It sure is strange, though.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:09 pm
Daniel Peterson wrote:A few of our more shameless and unprincipled critics have taken to suggesting, Professor Midgley, that you and I are obsessed with Nazis and Nazi death camps, presumably out of envy and admiration. It's a contemptible suggestion (beyond being simply false). No wonder they're anonymous.
For my part, I don't know why Midgley and Peterson are so drawn towards Nazi-related things. It sure is strange, though.
And, apparently, you can now add the New Zealand mosque where 50 Muslims were slaughtered by a 4chan alt-Right extremist. Why in the world The Midge would want to “tour” the site of this atrocity is as bizarre as if he wanted to “tour” the scene at Highland Park. It’s utterly depraved.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.