Things we can agree with Dan on

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Things we can agree with Dan on

Post by drumdude »

1) Dan isn't a billionaire and hasn't gotten rich on apologetics. He sold out for much less than he should have. 100% agree with Dan here.

2) Religion doesn't poison everything. Hitchens wrote a provocative title to sell more books. I'm sure Dan's 2025 book will have one too. 100% agree with Dan here.

3) Trump is bad. 110% agree with Dan here.

4) Mormonism is misrepresented in popular media. Is this due to some conspiracy, or simply because Mormonism is still a relatively obscure little religion? 90% agree with Dan here.

5) This forum posts too much about Dan. Another 100% agree from me. I'll try to do much less.

Hope that helps Daniel push past some talking points he's been stuck on for the last 12 months or so.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Things we can agree with Dan on

Post by Philo Sofee »

If we ignore Peterson then he will wither. He will then crow at how powerful his stuff he writes is, and how no one can refute it. So, there is that. Either way, he sets it up so he wins (with his peculiar audience), on the one hand he is irrefutable. On the other he is a victim of mobocracy and hate, religious bias and both the atheist persecution and the Christian zeal of wickedness and disbelief of prophecy, revelation to today's old slow learner prophet, namely Russell the very Nelson, the Book of Abraham, and Joseph Smith. What a beautiful thing the Gospel of win/win Mormonism must be to him in his own mind. No matter what he has discovered a way (artificial though it actually is) to remain on top and eventually be declared victor. Victor Peterson! All hail Victor Peterson, who, through the storms and byways of life hath prevailed over the dark and evil forces aligned up against him (specifically, as he is the most righteous Mormon he knows of) in the raging storms of brawl, argument, and testimony bearing! All Hail the V-I-C-T-O-R who hath endured the slings and arrows of atheist and apostate refutation!!!!!!!!!!
Gawd it shivers me timbers it does..... it really does. I mean right down to the slivers.
Shulem
God

F grade

Post by Shulem »

Hey Dan, what's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?

Oh, the name is in John Gee's missing scroll, right? You dope!

Peterson & Gee are a couple of BYU dopes. Professors of idiocy. You guys don't deserve diplomas. You're a disgrace to academia. You're the butt of jokes. Mormon fools.

:twisted:
Tavares Standfield
Sunbeam

Post by Tavares Standfield »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:05 pm
5) This forum posts too much about Dan. Another 100% agree from me. I'll try to do much less.
I would argue that we have a moral duty to oppose Daniel Peterson and neutralize his influence.
Shulem
God

I'm a Hell's Angel now!

Post by Shulem »

The sty can kiss my happy cheeks.

Up yours, Kerry.

Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

So dowsing is a hard no?
Moksha
God

Re: I'm a Hell's Angel now!

Post by Moksha »

All that vacationing seems to have agreed with Dr. Peterson. Keep it up!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Re: I'm a Hell's Angel now!

Post by sock puppet »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:09 am
All that vacationing seems to have agreed with Dr. Peterson. Keep it up!
He's waiting for his close-up, Mr. DeMille.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Post by sock puppet »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:48 pm
...revelation to today's old slow learner prophet, namely Russell the very Nelson, ...
:o :lol: :lol: 8-)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dan the man wrote:Hey, Paul. I'm the king in Facsimile No. 3.