Things we can agree with Dan on

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Things we can agree with Dan on

Post by Shulem »

Puppet wrote:Yeah, Dan's the king!

Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Drumdude wrote:3) Trump is bad. 110% agree with Dan here.
Drumdude, I'm going to need to lean on your expertise here. Do you have examples of what his beef with Trump is? (folks in SP, let's get the counter reset, Thanks) Have you seen him say anything negative about Jan 6, for instance? I haven't read much from the blog in recent months and so I don't pretend to know. My feeling, and I could be wrong here, was that his main issues with Trump aren't the main issues many of us have with him. Trump's persona, for one, is out of line with a proper conservative. He doesn't come across as a general authority. He plays lip-service to religion but isn't actually religious. (at least he sees through that) He "plays the field"; doesn't represent family values. Trump is a populist, Dan an elitist. How is Trump 110% bad but Alito, Thomas, and the noobs 110% good?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:51 pm
Drumdude wrote:3) Trump is bad. 110% agree with Dan here.
Drumdude, I'm going to need to lean on your expertise here. Do you have examples of what his beef with Trump is? (folks in SP, let's get the counter reset, Thanks) Have you seen him say anything negative about Jan 6, for instance? I haven't read much from the blog in recent months and so I don't pretend to know. My feeling, and I could be wrong here, was that his main issues with Trump aren't the main issues many of us have with him. Trump's persona, for one, is out of line with a proper conservative. He doesn't come across as a general authority. He plays lip-service to religion but isn't actually religious. (at least he sees through that) He "plays the field"; doesn't represent family values. Trump is a populist, Dan an elitist. How is Trump 110% bad but Alito, Thomas, and the noobs 110% good?
I haven’t paid much attention to his particular gripes with Trump because they are the same obvious ones that we shared. I know he did speak out against the insurrection or whatever you want to call it.