Desolate Son Tal Bachman

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Desolate Son Tal Bachman

Post by drumdude »

“DP” wrote: Louis Midgley: "I wonder if Professor Peterson can now remember our unpleasant experiences with Talmage Bachman, the desolate son of the famous Canadian musician Randy Bachman."

I can. I actually thought of him once or twice while in the Victoria area. A really sad case.

Louis Midgley: "However, I have never been to what is known as Saltspring Ialand, where the younger Bachman once more or less lived."

Neither have I. I don't even know where it is. Maybe you and I can organize a trip halfway around the world sometime -- perhaps we can start it in Morocco or Zimbabwe? -- solely in order to go harass him?

I think you're aware that that is what that handful of weird conspiracy nuts over at the Obsession Board imagine you to have done with regard to Ms. Gina Colvin in New Zealand. You couldn't possibly have had any other reason to visit Aotearoa, right? I mean, it's so miserable a place, and you've never had any other contact with it or any other interest in it.
Desolate, disconsolate, forlorn suggest one who is in a sad and wretched condition. The desolate person is deprived of human consolation, relationships, or presence: desolate and despairing.
The desolate Tal Bachman is an adjunct fellow of the Center for American Greatness. A writer, Sirius XM host, Bachman is also the musician best known for his 1999 hit, "She's So High." Join Tal and his Dad online every Friday night at 6 PM PST/9 PM EST for their unrehearsed live musical show, "Friday Night Trainwrecks." Tal can be reached at tcrbachman@gmail.com.
https://amgreatness.com/2022/02/25/vide ... about-god/
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Desolate Son Tal Bachman

Post by Philo Sofee »

The apologists are projecting their own personas yet again on another who sees things differently than they, and the apologists take umbrage with it. So typical.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

When was the last time that Dr. P. had any dealings with Bachman? Over ten years ago? Do these guys know any emotion other than vindictive rage?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:35 am
Do these guys know any emotion other than vindictive rage?
Schadenfreude, the joy of compiling poisonous dossiers, and the beauty of Holst's The Planets with a snifter of orange soda.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

It's like the bishop who tells his congregation to stay in the church because only here can you have true wealth. If you quit, you will become poor and miserly the Spirit will leave you and you won't have the ability to make as much money because the blessings of the Lord will cease to flow into your life. :roll:
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
When was the last time that Dr. P. had any dealings with Bachman? Over ten years ago? Do these guys know any emotion other than vindictive rage?
Mind if I ask, Dr. Scratch?

When was the last time anyone on this board had any dealings with Daniel Peterson? When did you last have direct dealings with Daniel C. Peterson?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:25 pm
It's like the bishop who tells his congregation to stay in the church because only here can you have true wealth. If you quit, you will become poor and miserly the Spirit will leave you and you won't have the ability to make as much money because the blessings of the Lord will cease to flow into your life. :roll:
Who is the Bishop in this parable?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:35 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Do these guys know any emotion other than vindictive rage?
Schadenfreude, the joy of compiling poisonous dossiers, and the beauty of Holst's The Planets with a snifter of orange soda.
Who are these guys and what is the schadenfreude?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:04 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mind if I ask, Dr. Scratch?

When was the last time anyone on this board had any dealings with Daniel Peterson? When did you last have direct dealings with Daniel C. Peterson?
Which discuss Mormonism poster called DP desolate?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Would doing so be complimentary?
Third Nephi 22 (quoting Isaiah 54) addresses a desolate woman who will be redeemed in the latter days. The desolate woman represents Zion, which itself signifies the city of Enoch in ancient times, the hill where the temple was built in Jerusalem, the celestial city of God, the kingdom of God on earth, and a covenant community of temple-worthy Saints. The Lord promises to relieve the desolation of Zion felt through barrenness, lack of a permanent home, and being forsaken and persecuted. The destiny of Zion parallels the pattern of Noah—both remain faithful to their covenants and witness a cleansing of the earth. The Savior serves as Zion’s husband. The servants of the Lord are equated with Zion—the Lord will not allow oppressors to be successful against Zion. The Lord promises to redeem Zion as he sings a song of redeeming love.