Desolate Son Tal Bachman

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Desolate Son Tal Bachman

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:18 pm
Would doing so be complimentary?

Not within the context presented in the opening post.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:04 pm
When was the last time anyone on this board had any dealings with Daniel Peterson? When did you last have direct dealings with Daniel C. Peterson?
For me, it was a couple of months ago. I usually see DCP several times a year in both personal and professional settings.

We even have a poster here who works closely with the Interpreter.

Many people here know DCP very well.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:46 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:04 pm
When was the last time anyone on this board had any dealings with Daniel Peterson? When did you last have direct dealings with Daniel C. Peterson?
For me, it was a couple of months ago. I usually see DCP several times a year in both personal and professional settings.

We even have a poster here who works closely with the Interpreter.

Many people here know DCP very well.
I imagine he’s much nicer in person
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

I have dealings with him fairly regularly—monthly or thereabouts, I daresay.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:59 pm
Great. When you deal with him in person do you discuss what you write here on this forum? Or, as I suspect, you deal with him but he has no idea that he is talking to "Doctor Scratch"? In your personal dealings, do you address his shortcomings directly?

By the way, I don't go around introducing myself as Binger or Cultellus or Res Ipsa. I am not advocating that you disclose who you are, I am just trying to picture the interaction in real life. I also say things to people's online avatars and about public figures that would be awkward to say in real life. Again, I am not advocating for authenticity, just getting a lay of the land here.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Binger wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:57 am
… I am not advocating for authenticity, just getting a lay of the land here.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:57 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:59 pm
Great. When you deal with him in person do you discuss what you write here on this forum? Or, as I suspect, you deal with him but he has no idea that he is talking to "Doctor Scratch"? In your personal dealings, do you address his shortcomings directly?

By the way, I don't go around introducing myself as Binger or Cultellus or Res Ipsa. I am not advocating that you disclose who you are, I am just trying to picture the interaction in real life. I also say things to people's online avatars and about public figures that would be awkward to say in real life. Again, I am not advocating for authenticity, just getting a lay of the land here.
I suppose that it’s easy to wonder about this. Similarly, you posted the bit below, in the midst of your near-year long tirade of leaving thousands of posts on this board, assaulting dozens of folks that you haven’t ever met - along with some dozens that you claim to have met - anonymously, with derails, insults and profanity.

With that history, you’re probably capable of answering the question yourself, given the extent to which you’ve outdone everyone else.

Attachments
F5F6CD6B-99D8-4104-B8FD-D765D91DA42E.jpeg
F5F6CD6B-99D8-4104-B8FD-D765D91DA42E.jpeg (152.46 KiB) Viewed 302 times
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It's surprising that is the same Binger as from a year ago. Psychotherapy or pharmaceuticals?
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

That counts!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:19 am