Desolate Son Tal Bachman

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Desolate Son Tal Bachman

Post by Gadianton »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:35 am
When was the last time that Dr. P. had any dealings with Bachman? Over ten years ago? Do these guys know any emotion other than vindictive rage?
That's a great question. It's amazing how a person's interactions with the apologists literally define a person's life. If a person had a handful of antagonistic interactions with DCP online 10+ years ago, then his life is a failure, a "sad case" a "desolate son".

In contrast, consider the scores of people DCP has pissed off online. That counts for nothing, because as fellow apologists will say, if you meet him in real life he's just so charming and witty. But the apologists never seem to consider the same might be true of those people who they don't like. Maybe someone knows Tal in real life, and would swear he's a great guy? The apologists can't even imagine it. How ever the apologist encountered the critic must completely define the critic.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:19 am
It's surprising that is the same Binger as from a year ago. Psychotherapy or pharmaceuticals?
After losing his mind and posting maniacally, frantically acting like a nonstop total ass, incessantly insulting and verbally assaulting every person he could, in every possible way he could, with never-ending streams of filthy language and bigoted stereotyping, Binger/Cultellus/Mayan Elephant would now like others to never ever treat him the way he treated them.

Surprise, surprise, surprise.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:14 am
The apologists can't even imagine it. How ever the apologist encountered the critic must completely define the critic.
Oh the irony.

Must we nail this apologist to the cross and press in that crown of thorns? I don't know Peterson. I have never met the guy. I don't like his widgets, his posse or his online behavior. True, he could not possibly know Tal and has no credibility in his judgment. And still, the irony here is spectacular.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:14 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
When was the last time that Dr. P. had any dealings with Bachman? Over ten years ago? Do these guys know any emotion other than vindictive rage?
That's a great question. It's amazing how a person's interactions with the apologists literally define a person's life. If a person had a handful of antagonistic interactions with DCP online 10+ years ago, then his life is a failure, a "sad case" a "desolate son".

In contrast, consider the scores of people DCP has pissed off online. That counts for nothing, because as fellow apologists will say, if you meet him in real life he's just so charming and witty. But the apologists never seem to consider the same might be true of those people who they don't like. Maybe someone knows Tal in real life, and would swear he's a great guy? The apologists can't even imagine it. How ever the apologist encountered the critic must completely define the critic.
Excellent points here, Dr. Robbers.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:04 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mind if I ask, Dr. Scratch?

When was the last time anyone on this board had any dealings with Daniel Peterson? When did you last have direct dealings with Daniel C. Peterson?
The last time I had dealings with Dan Peterson was just a couple of years ago, after I donated to the Interpreter in exchange for Dan's solemn good word that he would not trash talk this message board and would moderate such activity from guest comments on his blog. That was our agreement and the "why" doesn't matter. He agreed to it, accepted the money and the terms, and said that he planned to pretty much ignore this board from that time forward. Daniel and I exchanged numerous emails about this agreement. This story is documented extensively in other threads here.

Unfortunately, Daniel gave it like a month and then chose to go back on his word, protesting that somehow because a few people here continue to say negative things about Daniel, that Daniel shouldn't be expected to hold up his end of our agreement. He continues to allow his guests to post all kinds of negative things about this message board and its people, and still finds clever ways to make digs himself. It's like, the most absurd thing. I didn't force him to make the deal - he gladly entered our agreement and I paid the money. And almost right away, as others predicted, Daniel couldn't resist - he pushed the line further and further until he and his cronies were back to trash talking this message board and its members, as if nothing had ever happened. He made a deal, got the money, and then demonstrated online for the world to see forever, that Dan Peterson is a bad faith actor who does not keep his word. He will go back on his word if it suits his ego, and he did just that.

Of course, he throws tantrums whenever I remind him about this, stomping his feet and saying "I do keep my word!" But, as Forest Gump says, Stupid is and Stupid does. A liar is as a liar does. Just go read the message threads at SeN. And for a full dose, go back 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, or all the way back to late 2019 / early 2020 when we made our deal, and then look at the progression of what he posts and allows to be posted in the comments at SeN.

And so, through my last interactions with him, Dan Peterson became a documented liar, a petulant child who cannot be trusted to do anything other than throw tantrums when held to account.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:48 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:04 pm

Mind if I ask, Dr. Scratch?

When was the last time anyone on this board had any dealings with Daniel Peterson? When did you last have direct dealings with Daniel C. Peterson?
The last time I had dealings with Dan Peterson was just a couple of years ago, after I donated to the Interpreter in exchange for Dan's solemn good word that he would not trash talk this message board and would moderate such activity from guest comments on his blog. That was our agreement and the "why" doesn't matter. He agreed to it, accepted the money and the terms, and said that he planned to pretty much ignore this board from that time forward. Daniel and I exchanged numerous emails about this agreement. This story is documented extensively in other threads here.

Unfortunately, Daniel gave it like a month and then chose to go back on his word, protesting that somehow because a few people here continue to say negative things about Daniel, that Daniel shouldn't be expected to hold up his end of our agreement. He continues to allow his guests to post all kinds of negative things about this message board and its people, and still finds clever ways to make digs himself. It's like, the most absurd thing. I didn't force him to make the deal - he gladly entered our agreement and I paid the money. And almost right away, as others predicted, Daniel couldn't resist - he pushed the line further and further until he and his cronies were back to trash talking this message board and its members, as if nothing had ever happened. He made a deal, got the money, and then demonstrated online for the world to see forever, that Dan Peterson is a bad faith actor who does not keep his word. He will go back on his word if it suits his ego, and he did just that.

Of course, he throws tantrums whenever I remind him about this, stomping his feet and saying "I do keep my word!" But, as Forest Gump says, Stupid is and Stupid does. A liar is as a liar does. Just go read the message threads at SeN. And for a full dose, go back 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, or all the way back to late 2019 / early 2020 when we made our deal, and then look at the progression of what he posts and allows to be posted in the comments at SeN.

And so, through my last interactions with him, Dan Peterson became a documented liar, a petulant child who cannot be trusted to do anything other than throw tantrums when held to account.
That absolutely counts as a "dealing". Thank you for the background information.

It is a very curious description. He agreed to take money and not speak poorly of this board. Though, this board made no agreement to moderate members to prevent them from speaking poorly of him. Do I have that correct? Hard to know if the person making that deal was a liar or just plain ol' dumb.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Incredible. But not surprising at all.

Shame on you Daniel. Do you really want posterity to remember you for lying? Because that’s what will come up in search engines for decades, every thread here which has meticulously documented your history. Every lie that you have been caught in with all the damning evidence.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr. Moore: do you think that DCP was sincere? There is a part of me that thinks he may have been, but there is another part that believes that he intended to rip you off all along. I’d say there is a pretty good chance that he was privately high-giving his “Interpreter” compatriots over taking money out of an “apostate’s” pocket.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:18 pm
I imagine he’s much nicer in person
As long as you don't call him out for (mis)using things as tools to continue a grudge against the MI. In that case, you'll get told to go to hell.

viewtopic.php?p=2337757

(Posted obsessively from beautiful Bryce Canyon, UT)
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:17 pm
Dr. Moore: do you think that DCP was sincere? There is a part of me that thinks he may have been, but there is another part that believes that he intended to rip you off all along. I’d say there is a pretty good chance that he was privately high-giving his “Interpreter” compatriots over taking money out of an “apostate’s” pocket.
Did anyone represent to Dr. Daniel C. Peterson that this board would continue to speak of him with the same tone and consistency as was done prior to the cash exchange? The way the contract appears to be presented is that this board would continue to track him and critique him and, in exchange for a Benjamin or two, neither he nor members of his forum would respond or react. Neither, according to the terms, would Dr. Peterson or anyone that he could moderate initiate criticism of this board as part of the agreement to accept some of that fat cash. While that could be described as a broken contract, it could also be just an old fashioned hustle. I don't know though. I was not there and I have not read the contract.