Book of Mormon Scholarship fireside with Dr. Peterson tonight

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tom
Area Authority

Book of Mormon Scholarship fireside with Dr. Peterson tonight

Post by Tom »

Dr. Peterson is giving a fireside address tonight in Calgary on the latest in Book of Mormon scholarship. You may join by Zoom (temple recommend not necessary; however, please have a white handkerchief at the ready to participate in the Hosanna Shout at the conclusion of his remarks): https://zoom.us/j/98068181022

Time: 7:30 pm MDT
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
drumdude
God

Re: Book of Mormon Scholarship fireside with Dr. Peterson tonight

Post by drumdude »

Hosanna!
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

I’m reliably informed that Calgary Stake members are fasting and praying that Dr. Peterson doesn’t talk about the Witnesses (official, unofficial, gullible, delusional, discredited, perjured, and otherwise) and doesn’t plug the Witnesses movie, docudrama, musical theater production, roadshow, animated series, etc.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Thanks for sharing the Zoom link, Tom: I would imagine that there are several folks here who might be interested in attending. Perhaps Peter Pan and Jonathan Neville can attend?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:39 pm
Thanks for sharing the Zoom link, Tom: I would imagine that there are several folks here who might be interested in attending. Perhaps Peter Pan and Jonathan Neville can attend?
I hope Pan’s compatriot over at Neville-Neville Land, Captain Hook, can also attend.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

So anyone can join the Zoom?
Doctor Scratch

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Tom wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:49 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:39 pm
I hope Pan’s compatriot over at Neville-Neville Land, Captain Hook, can also attend.
Indeed. And what about Mr. Smee, who bears such an uncanny resemblance to Allen Wyatt?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:54 pm
Yes. The Calgary Alberta Stake News page on Facebook has the link.
Doctor Scratch

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Tom wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:01 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:54 pm
Yes. The Calgary Alberta Stake News page on Facebook has the link.
It’s good to know that they’re aiming for a large and diverse audience.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Probably best not to use your real name to join, unless you want to be on a SCMC list.