DP finally gives us the name of his supposed email stalker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

DP finally gives us the name of his supposed email stalker

Post by drumdude »

I’m subjected to a daily stream of internet and email abuse from obsessive anonymous detractors and there seems no reason at all to expose anybody else to such ill treatment because of their association with me. (To illustrate my point: I’ve just now checked the file into which the emails from one particular fellow go — “Nomen Nescio,” as he identifies himself — and I find that today marked the arrival of the 1231st, 1232nd, 1233rd, and 1234th specimens of his work.)
Nomen Nescio is a minimalistic unisex clothing label based in Helsinki, Finland.

More importantly,
Nomen nescio (pronounced [ˈnoːmɛn ˈnɛskɪ.oː]), abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or unnamed person. From Latin nomen – "name", and nescio – "I do not know", it literally means "I do not know the name".[1] The generic name Numerius Negidius used in Roman times was chosen partly because it shared initials with this phrase.
This person is intelligent enough to make an amusing play on the proprietors blog name, both in latin, but also writes nearly incomprehensible attacks like “Dan u r so dumb and Mormons are real dumb n stupid u poo poo head”
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: DP finally gives us the name of his supposed email stalker

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

There is no doubt in my mind that DCP’s email stalker is Louis Midgley.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: DP finally gives us the name of his supposed email stalker

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Funny. He plagiarized Wikipedia. Man. That guy.

eta:
There is no doubt in my mind that DCP’s email stalker is Louis Midgley.
+1

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.