Is Robert Boylan Attempting to Profit from Apologetics?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tom
Area Authority

Re: Is Robert Boylan Attempting to Profit from Apologetics?

Post by Tom »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:55 pm
It looks like DCP has already lined up a couple of sponsors:

Use the code "VoxNostra47" with any of these sponsors to get a Pioneer Day discount.

Celestial Ringdom - Fine Jewelry for the Latter-day Saint Market

Fine Jewelry for the Latter-day Saint market

BlueBrit Crafts - Fabric, quilts, quilter supplies, custom pillow cases, etc.
https://ourvoice.blog/tag/sponsors/
I wish I had heard about the discount before Pioneer Day. I attempted to use the code to secure a discount on a exceedingly-fine, pure gold (nay, 14K) CTR Laban’s Sword Ring ($1,375). I was instructed to enter a valid discount code.

“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

I must confess that I am disappointed that the Vox Nostrum blog has been taken down. It held a great deal of promise.

I recommend that Dr. Peterson regroup by rebooting Vox Nostrum with a stable of bloggers. Bloggers could include Peterson, Louis Midgley, Stephen Smoot, John Gee, Mike Parker, Gregory Smith, Allen Wyatt, William Schryver, Robert Boylan, Duane Boyce, Dennis Horne, and, of course, Richard “Peter Pan” Nygren.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Vox Nostrum blog already done?! Wow that was short lived.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:47 pm
It’ll probably be back. Most likely, they took it down because we were making fun of all the “for profit” stuff—such as that ring Tom mentioned (LOL!!!). DCP is remarkably thin-skinned about that sort of thing.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:05 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:47 pm
It’ll probably be back. Most likely, they took it down because we were making fun of all the “for profit” stuff—such as that ring Tom mentioned (LOL!!!). DCP is remarkably thin-skinned about that sort of thing.
Well, being enslaved by Mormonism for his 68-69 years makes him leery to actually make money on religion, (at least publically). That is only for the special chosen Brethren to do for the Kingdom, all other hive workers work for free in this life, and whatever profits they make elsewhere, they are to purchase the anti-TK Smoothie insurance for the Celestial Kingdom with 10% of their income.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Tom wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:32 pm
I must confess that I am disappointed that the Vox Nostrum blog has been taken down. It held a great deal of promise.

I recommend that Dr. Peterson regroup by rebooting Vox Nostrum with a stable of bloggers. Bloggers could include Peterson, Louis Midgley, Stephen Smoot, John Gee, Mike Parker, Gregory Smith, Allen Wyatt, William Schryver, Robert Boylan, Duane Boyce, Dennis Horne, and, of course, Richard “Peter Pan” Nygren.
If they would concentrate the apologists in one place like this, it would make it easier for us to ignore all of them at once.

Win-Win!
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

malkie wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:14 pm
Tom wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:32 pm

If they would concentrate the apologists in one place like this, it would make it easier for us to ignore all of them at once.

Win-Win!
Facts. Stick everything behind a paywall and it would be even easier.
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

I had nearly suppressed all memory of the Vox Nostrum blog. When is Dr. Peterson jumping ship from Sic et Non?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

DrStakhanovite wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:36 am
I mean crap, look what Ritner had to put up with from them because Gee fell into his orbit for a brief time.
Didn't Gee end up with a reputation of mud after he wrote the hit piece on Ritner in that Canadian journal? I imagine he was continually zapped with painsticks as he tried to make his way through the gauntlet at Egyptology conferences.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:16 pm
DrStakhanovite wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:36 am
I mean crap, look what Ritner had to put up with from them because Gee fell into his orbit for a brief time.
Didn't Gee end up with a reputation of mud after he wrote the hit piece on Ritner in that Canadian journal? I imagine he was continually zapped with painsticks as he tried to make his way through the gauntlet at Egyptology conferences.
Lol, that was quite the event.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=563