" less than 1 percent of ancient Mesoamerican ruins have been uncovered and studied"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

" less than 1 percent of ancient Mesoamerican ruins have been uncovered and studied"

Post by doubtingthomas »

Archaeologists estimate that less than 1 percent of ancient Mesoamerican ruins have been uncovered and studied, leaving much yet to learn
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... -of-Mormon

I bet ancient astronaut theorists say the same thing.

"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Re: " less than 1 percent of ancient Mesoamerican ruins have been uncovered and studied"

Post by Res Ipsa »

Is that by weight, area or volume?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
drumdude
God

Re: " less than 1 percent of ancient Mesoamerican ruins have been uncovered and studied"

Post by drumdude »

[citation needed]
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:48 pm
[citation needed]
What? “Archeologists say” isn’t good enough for you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It’s LDS apologetics so I should have said [accurate citation that says what you claim it says needed]
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:12 pm
What? “Archeologists say” isn’t good enough for you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Truth is, we don’t know squat,” said George Stuart, director for the Center for Maya Research and keynote speaker for the 2013 Maya Meetings. “There’s about 6,000 known Maya sites and we’ve only researched about 5 percent of them.”
https://thedailytexan.com/2013/01/22/20 ... d-legends/
drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:48 pm
[citation needed]
Mark Alan Wright, “The Cultural Tapestry of Mesoamerica,” Journal of the Book of Mormon and Other Restoration Scripture 22, no. 2 (2013)

Therefore, the Book of Mormon is true.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:55 am
“Truth is, we don’t know squat,” said George Stuart, director for the Center for Maya Research and keynote speaker for the 2013 Maya Meetings. “There’s about 6,000 known Maya sites and we’ve only researched about 5 percent of them.”
https://thedailytexan.com/2013/01/22/20 ... d-legends/
So there is still a chance.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:05 am
So there is still a chance

LMAO

Good one!

But of course, there's always a chance for almost everything.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

You’d think if Mormons really thought there was anything there that they would be moving heaven and literal earth to prove the Book of Mormon true. They certainly have the money to…
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:55 am
You’d think if Mormons really thought there was anything there that they would be moving heaven and literal earth to prove the Book of Mormon true. They certainly have the money to…
Well this is unmistakable evidence that Mormon apologists are more inspired than the Brethren, since apologists just "know" it's in Mesoamerica, though the Brethren hesitate and hem-haw... Oh that Holy Ghost is a clever boy... just clever.