the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:18 am

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by Philo Sofee »

To satisfy Lou the dope, here is my response to the aforesaid post from his powerful pen...
Lou, you are an idiot.
User avatar
Rivendale
Stake President
Posts: 563
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:21 pm

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by Rivendale »

I have not been here a long time but I have seen some awful things from Sic et Non......
  • The oblique reference to D. Michael Quinn and homosexuality. I think that was Dan. It was in bad taste.
  • The oblique reference to Dan Vogel and his excommunication. Bad taste.....Fresca on a morning of ....
  • The oblique reference from all the questions in the comments to John Sorenson or some other obscure Mormon author to justify a necklace bead as being a young Nephite virgin.
  • The oblique absolute obsession with the "village atheist" which by far supersedes the Peterson hate board...( I have no metrics ) .
  • The oblique demotion of John Dehlin and David Bokovoy to mere phantasms of their cherished beliefs.
Nomomo
Valiant B
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by Nomomo »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:27 pm
When I click the link I get the title page blocked by a square asking me to input my email address and get constant updates. I don't think so. I would have to be pretty bored to wish to read Midgley complaints, But here I am reading Marcus complaint about Midgley complaint. So here we are on the got bored and had to talk about Peterson again board.
https://ublockorigin.com
User avatar
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:16 pm
Location: Cassius University

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by Dr Moore »

It’s funny that comments such as this one, which is actually bolded for emphasis, continue to receive absolutely zero moderation by Dr. Peterson. It’s like he and his pals have just given up on doing anything to salvage Dan’s integrity with regard to to his promise to me. Sad.
User avatar
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:16 pm
Location: Cassius University

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by Dr Moore »

I’m going to look into setting up a blog that documents the entirety of my $ deal with Dan Peterson. It seems that’s the last option available to encourage him to live up to his commitment. I would include all of the emails, in their totality, the money transfer details, and all of the posts and messages he and I have made publicly regarding the agreements. It’s just absolutely pathetic to see him prattling around like the old days, pretending our deal no longer exists. If that’s going to be his approach, then let history have a complete documentation of his bad faith.
drumdude
God
Posts: 2564
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:29 am

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by drumdude »

“DCP” wrote: Sometimes, their accusations against me are egregious enough that, in my judgment, I can't simply permit them to go into the online "record" without contradiction.
I took it as tacit acknowledgment from Dan that he intentionally misrepresented sources when I went down the rabbit hole to find the origin of his claim about the Strangites.

If he thinks he can win an argument, he says something on his blog. If he’s been caught red handed, he just ignores it and buries his head in the sand.
malkie
Stake President
Posts: 565
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:41 pm

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:13 am
“DCP” wrote: Sometimes, their accusations against me are egregious enough that, in my judgment, I can't simply permit them to go into the online "record" without contradiction.
I took it as tacit acknowledgment from Dan that he intentionally misrepresented sources when I went down the rabbit hole to find the origin of his claim about the Strangites.

If he thinks he can win an argument, he says something on his blog. If he’s been caught red handed, he just ignores it and buries his head in the sand.
When you say "his blog" I assume you are referring to the Discuss Mormonism Obsession blog.
drumdude
God
Posts: 2564
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:29 am

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by drumdude »

malkie wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:16 am
drumdude wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:13 am


I took it as tacit acknowledgment from Dan that he intentionally misrepresented sources when I went down the rabbit hole to find the origin of his claim about the Strangites.

If he thinks he can win an argument, he says something on his blog. If he’s been caught red handed, he just ignores it and buries his head in the sand.
When you say "his blog" I assume you are referring to the Discuss Mormonism Obsession blog.
Quite right, Professor Malkie.

Dan can leave the forum, but Dan can’t leave the forum alone.
Marcus
God
Posts: 1933
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:13 am
“DCP” wrote: Sometimes, their accusations against me are egregious enough that, in my judgment, I can't simply permit them to go into the online "record" without contradiction.
I took it as tacit acknowledgment from Dan that he intentionally misrepresented sources when I went down the rabbit hole to find the origin of his claim about the Strangites.

If he thinks he can win an argument, he says something on his blog. If he’s been caught red handed, he just ignores it and buries his head in the sand.
exactly. that's why he stopped commenting on the plagiarism documentation.
Philo Sofee
God
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:18 am

Re: the "Hate Board" that lives in Midgley's head, courtesy of apostasy.

Post by Philo Sofee »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:17 am
malkie wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:16 am

When you say "his blog" I assume you are referring to the Discuss Mormonism Obsession blog.
Quite right, Professor Malkie.

Dan can leave the forum, but Dan can’t leave the forum alone.
:lol:
Post Reply