Deaths from Psychedelics, Taking things too personal, and Spiritual revelation is not important. I'm done!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Deaths from Psychedelics, Taking things too personal, and Spiritual revelation is not important. I'm done!

Post by huckelberry »

toon wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:43 pm
I think it would be a safe bet that DP does not know a single person much less from high school who died from taking any psychedelic substance. He may know people who have taken psychedelics and who have since passed, but that's a different thing. That he draws a connection between the two, even if he's exaggerating to make some point, betrays his ignorance. He may have watched one too many ABC after school tv movies when growing up.
Toon, I am puzzled, why do you think Peterson thinks somebody died from taking a psychedelic substance.?

Or perhaps you could help this old guy, me, out by explaining what Peterson would be ignorant of.

I know of people injured by overuse of drugs. I can remember bugeyed guys babbling stuff after taking to many acid doses. Generally they recovered after a while. On the other hand self medicating the problems with alcohol crank or smack can lead to bad health and death.

During the period Peterson would have been in high school there was a culture of bravado over overindulgence.Who can take the most this and that. Amphetamines, heroin, and alcohol of course were far more damaging than LSD. Each of those unlike LSD suck people into addiction.