DCP Exploits Vin Scully's Death for Mopologetics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: DCP Exploits Vin Scully's Death for Mopologetics

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Yes—well done, drumdude. That’s it. Looking at this again, there is a part of me that says, “Ah, geez…Maybe I was being too harsh?” I remember clearly that I bristled at his comment about Hitchens being “surprised”. It seemed more about “sticking it” to him rather than genuinely wishing him well. I mean, the man had just died. Why engage in this kind of one-upmanship?

But I think that the intervening years have proven my reaction correct. Practically every other day we get the “Hitchens Memorial File,” or whatever he calls it: it’s not enough to just let the man go; he has to be refuted and mocked repeatedly for more than a decade after his death.

And come to think of it—didn’t somebody’s death or grave serve as the inciting incident that ultimately led to Blair Hodges calling DCP a “coward” at the 2014 FAIR Conference? I could be wrong, but If I recall correctly, that whole conflict was triggered after DCP used somebody’s death (Elder Maxwell’s perhaps?) to score Mopologetic points.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14