7 years sex abuse of a child covered up by LDS leaders

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: 7 years sex abuse of a child covered up by LDS leaders

Post by Philo Sofee »

Just to show, with actual evidence, how far into apostasy and sin today's Mormonism has become, I just read in Cheryl Bruno, Joe Swick, & Nick Literski's magnificent Method Infinite, Freemasonry and the Mormon Restoration, when Joseph gave the first inklings of the holy endowment to the other leaders in the upper room of Newell K. Whitney's General Store, The ordinance of the washing of the feet is to, among other things, to help them be pure, but of themselves, "We must be clean every whit..." (p. 87).

There was NEVER supposed to be a lawyer firm defending the church HIDING SEXUALLY PERVERTED SINS AGAINST INNOCENT CHILDREN of its leaders, EVER, NO NOT EVER.

The church should have always immediately held a court on the accused, a fair trial with witnesses, and determined the course, including kicking out the leader immediately if found guilty, and THEN BRING IN THE LAW. Had it CLEANED itself from the first, this Mormonism today would not be so apostate and hiding its leaders sins, and paying out money to shut the victims up, and not small amounts of money either. Their secret combinations and actions prove they are apostate, unfortunately.

Joseph Smith himself gave the leaders the direction they should go - be clean every whit. Not look good every whit and hide sins. And the corollary to being clean is - "All who are prepared, and are sufficiently pure to abide the presence of the Saviour..." (my emphasis).
And now we see WHY they say they won't talk about seeing Jesus. THEY CAN'T HAVE DONE SO. Now all they lamely pontificate on is his mere name, NOT HIS PRESENCE, because Jesus will NOT come to them. Their words and actions of hiding shows this to be so.
I am not trying to be a self-righteous judge against others, I am finding (actually just seeing now) evidence which shows purity is just not in today's Mormonism, and neither is the special Apostolic witness to Jesus's PERSON. Joseph Smith taught directly, All who are prepared and sufficiently pure to abide the presence of the Saviour, will see him in the solemn assembly. No wonder Phillips and others in their second anointings saw no Jesus, the corrupt leadership who gave him the second anointing was not pure. No wonder they now squeamishly say Oh no, it is not allowed to share such sacred truths. Not allowed?! It is commanded to the New Testament Apostles, and we have those writings of those events. They never came up with silly excuses at all like today's apostates in charge.
And why are they apostates and don't see Jesus? Because of their actions or rather non-actions against such heinous and debilitating SINS of leaders throughout the world in Mormonism sexually abusing innocent CHILDREN... CHILDREN for crying out loud, and protecting those leaders and doing nothing about it. And they know better. They DO know better.
They KNOW they sin and have lost the power of the priesthood, which is why they are on the defense, finding every single possible way to manipulate people into staying in the giftless, spiritless church of image and money. No wonder the gifts of the Spirit are absent.
When they were absent in the early Christian church Tertullian challenged the leadership directly, you who profess to the gifts of the Spirit, show them, and I will believe then that you have them. They couldn't do so, so he did the only proper thing, he left the church and continued looking for the gifts which were promised. There is a lesson in that. If they have not the gifts, they obviously have not the power. If they have not the power, their excommunications are meaningless and null and void. There is nothing to fear from sinful wicked leaders who hide their light under the bushel of money and produce a false image of righteousness, where within they are rotten and ravenous wolves, just as Jesus taught.
Last edited by Philo Sofee on Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

Is this the same journalist that was awarded a Pulitzer for busting the Catholic in Boston. Mark Ruffalo?

That the may not have been required to report but could have, coupled with the fact that there’s at least some qualified immunity from liability had they reported, makes the hotline directive not to report so damning. So does the fact that they record the hotline calls but destroy the recordings so quickly, within days.
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:22 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:05 pm
I don't know how the Kirton McConkie lawyers can live with themselves with the advice they give to too many bishops and stake presidents. Covering up abuse simply cannot be tolerated. Shame on you and I hope your conscience gets the better of you and makes you suffer like the girl in the above article. Is the possibility of the GA prize worth it?
I agree. Reading a quote like this from a lawyer makes me nauseated:
William Maledon, an Arizona attorney representing the bishops and the church in a lawsuit filed by three of the Adams’ six children, told the AP last month that the bishops were not required to report the abuse.

“These bishops did nothing wrong. They didn’t violate the law, and therefore they can’t be held liable,” he said. Maledon referred to the suit as “a money grab.”
They did nothing wrong -- they just allowed a girl to suffer sexual abuse for years. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
It’s just a “money grab.” I would think the first lesson in PR In something like this would be to not blame the victims. Sure, he’s the attorney and not the Church, but he’s representing the Church. He’s their agent. If they don’t do something immediately to correct that, they own it.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

toon wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:39 am
Res Ipsa wrote:

They did nothing wrong -- they just allowed a girl to suffer sexual abuse for years. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
It’s just a “money grab.” I would think the first lesson in PR In something like this would be to not blame the victims. Sure, he’s the attorney and not the Church, but he’s representing the Church. He’s their agent. If they don’t do something immediately to correct that, they own it.
The lawyer has conveniently forgotten the "Prophet's" view that sins of omission are as bad as those of commission. Of course, none of the leaders sin, since, after all, they say they don't, and of course, they certainly would never lie, so it wouldn't phase them, and, of course, their lawyers are also as righteous as they...it's why they followed the spirit of prophecy and hired them, their Jesus is too inept to help them out... :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

toon wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:39 am
Res Ipsa wrote:

I’ll bet the church’s PR consultants went home and drank heavily after reading that. 🍺
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

In an effort to shield the Church from financial liability and publicity, Kirton McConkie has extended the duration and intensity of the abuse that victims receive. This action means the Church favors its own pockets over the welfare of its members. Is that bad? Yes, it makes Kirton McConkie and LDS Church leaders who follow their advice into villains.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
toon
CTR B

Post by toon »

I don’t have a problem with there being a hotline. When you have lay local leaders who have not received proper training on handling things like this, especially when there can be complications, a hotline can help to give them the guidance they need.

I also don’t have a problem with risk management being one of the purposes of the hotline. But it shouldn’t be the primary or even an overriding purpose. The primary purpose should be to give guidance to local leaders to that they can do the right thing to put an end to any reported abuse and to protect the victims. That clearly wasn’t happening.

And why erase the recorded hotline calls at the end of each day? I can see a potential need for a record retention policy that purges after some reasonable period where the recording may no longer have any value. But the end of the day?
sock puppet
High Priest

Post by sock puppet »

toon wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:29 am
Is this the same journalist that was awarded a Pulitzer for busting the Catholic in Boston. Mark Ruffalo?

That the may not have been required to report but could have, coupled with the fact that there’s at least some qualified immunity from liability had they reported, makes the hotline directive not to report so damning. So does the fact that they record the hotline calls but destroy the recordings so quickly, within days.
It is the same journalist. The LDS church ought to be scared s***less. I expect there will be follow-up pieces about other incidences published as well.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Herrod also told Edwards that when he called the help line, church officials told him the state’s clergy-penitent privilege required him to keep Adams’s abuse confidential.

But the law required no such thing.
https://apnews.com/article/Mormon-churc ... 033b894660

It’s a shocking case where once again protecting the church (and the hoard) at all costs was the only priority. I hope the journalists go through everything and hold every single church official to account. Publicly. Bishops would do well to note that they cannot trust the helpline advice.

The Church in 2010 claimed…
“No religious organization has done more” to prevent and respond to abuse.
“The Church’s approach is the gold standard.”
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/

The Church lied. The Church knew it was a lie. Yet still released the statement.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

As you can imagine, The Friendly Atheist has nothing very nice to say about it:
The Mormon 'Help Line' that buries abuse allegations wrote:The Mormon Church instructs bishops to contact a "help line" for guidance. That supposed hotline has become a key way for them to bury allegations of sexual abuse within the Church.

In a bombshell report from the Associated Press, one man confessed to his bishop that he was sexually abusing his 5-year-old daughter. The bishop called the “help line.” The “help line” didn’t help. The man continued abusing her for seven more years… in addition to abusing his six-week-old newborn.

Would any Mormon defend those actions? Surely not. And yet they continue to give money and time and their entire lives to the Church.

Why remain in an organization that cares more about its reputation than the members themselves? If you’re in the Mormon Church, you’re supporting an institution that covers up cases of abuse and creates more victims every day, whether you want to admit it or not. This is the Church. This is what they do. It is indefensible.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!