The burden is now upon those who deny the ancient origins of the Book of Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: The burden is now upon those who deny the ancient origins of the Book of Mormon

Post by MG 2.0 »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:27 pm
Rick Grunder wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:14 am

For a much longer and more detailed version of the data above, with citations, see my Mormon Parallels entry 229, available for free download:

http://www.rickgrunder.com/parallels/mp229.pdf
I read through this. Interesting stuff. It seems to me that as we gaze back through historical literature, fabricated and/or real, that we’re going to observe types and shadows bumping up against each other with intermixing elements that can be used to show relationships which may or may not show actual correlation/connection.

And again we come back to the issue of just how much would Joseph have bumped up against all this stuff that critics say he did.

Regards,
MG
*bump

This is the point I was making which you are attempting to bury.

I’m afraid we’re heading into a derail and potential he said, she said. Other people reading this thread deserve more than this.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Re: The burden is now upon those who deny the ancient origins of the Book of Mormon

Post by MG 2.0 »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:47 pm
Chap wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:06 am

There are certainly some very interesting parallels with the Book of Mormon - though I do not think Smith ever issued a threat of the kind Johnson received!
Again, I think we’re dealing with types and shadows and coincidental parallels. The law of averages and chance would seem to dictate this to be so.

And critics accuse Mormons of over doing it with parallelism. 😉

Regards,
MG
*bump

and this…
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

I’ll back out for now to let others take the thread in the direction you might like to take it.

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Morley wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:04 pm
MG, that you could paste one of the concluding statements here is all the proof that anyone should need to know that you read the article.

Well done.
MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:55 pm
I’m not going to argue with you in regards to whether or not I spent the time reading Grunder’s link. I’ve already said I did.

And that’s enough.

You are not arguing substance. You’re simply nit picking. Do we need to play that game again?
You misunderstand me. I'm not commenting on your veracity. I'm laughing at your methodology. My point is that there are better ways to prove you read a piece than pasting a quote from the piece. Do you disagree?
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I see MG found another human to pig wrestle in the mud with. Sigh. What a waste of thread pages. Every time.

It’s like, hey this grass is green.

MG jumps in to troll, well that’s a biased statement! The grass is red according to the view through this color filter, and also when it’s on fire, and sometimes in the early morning when the sunrise hits just right. And it’s red in my mind when I pray about the grass. You say green and others say red. To each their own. Green if you’ve decided to stick with green. Red if you have an open mind to truth beyond the limits of science. Regards, MG

Others: it’s for sure green. Here’s the spectroscopy report. There is not a single peer reviewed scientist who agrees it isn’t green, or even might not be green. The grass is green.

MG: can’t believe this sucker took the bait. Yeah those spectroscopy thingsmajiggers are made by who again? Non believers. They’re biased too. One guy put a red color filter on his and it showed red grass, so that’s a study and you have your studies. To each their own but only someone in an echo chamber would insist the grass is green. It’s red, to me, and that’s a choice even though once I considered it could be green. Also, here’s a piece written by someone I consider credible, showing how the grass is red under all sorts of conditions, but it’s not his fault no journals want to run a story about red grass. Anyhoo, you do your thing and I’ll do mine, but just in case you wondered, there’s a whole world out here for those of us who see red grass. Also, I did read those studies and there was one place where the guy wrote “…grass is red…” so hah! Regards, MG

And around and around. MG doesn’t give two craps about data, methodology or logic. All he wants is to get people mad. #ignorethetroll
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Moore, you're absolutely right. I'll step back.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:06 pm
And around and around. MG doesn’t give two craps about data, methodology or logic. All he wants is to get people mad. #ignorethetroll
Nicely put.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

That was an excellent piece of channeling, Dr. Moore, and you are right. A good reminder, thank you.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Morley wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:04 pm
MG, that you could paste one of the concluding statements here is all the proof that anyone should need to know that you read the article.

Well done.
MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:55 pm
I’m not going to argue with you in regards to whether or not I spent the time reading Grunder’s link. I’ve already said I did.

And that’s enough.

You are not arguing substance. You’re simply nit picking. Do we need to play that game again?
You misunderstand me. I'm not commenting on your veracity. I'm laughing at your methodology. My point is that there are better ways to prove you read a piece than pasting a quote from the piece. Do you disagree?
No. But the thing is, I don’t need to prove anything. My word is good enough.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr Moore wrote:
I see MG found another human to pig wrestle in the mud with. Sigh. What a waste of thread pages. Every time.

It’s like, hey this grass is green.

MG jumps in to troll, well that’s a biased statement! The grass is red according to the view through this color filter, and also when it’s on fire, and sometimes in the early morning when the sunrise hits just right. And it’s red in my mind when I pray about the grass. You say green and others say red. To each their own. Green if you’ve decided to stick with green. Red if you have an open mind to truth beyond the limits of science. Regards, MG

Others: it’s for sure green. Here’s the spectroscopy report. There is not a single peer reviewed scientist who agrees it isn’t green, or even might not be green. The grass is green.

MG: can’t believe this sucker took the bait. Yeah those spectroscopy thingsmajiggers are made by who again? Non believers. They’re biased too. One guy put a red color filter on his and it showed red grass, so that’s a study and you have your studies. To each their own but only someone in an echo chamber would insist the grass is green. It’s red, to me, and that’s a choice even though once I considered it could be green. Also, here’s a piece written by someone I consider credible, showing how the grass is red under all sorts of conditions, but it’s not his fault no journals want to run a story about red grass. Anyhoo, you do your thing and I’ll do mine, but just in case you wondered, there’s a whole world out here for those of us who see red grass. Also, I did read those studies and there was one place where the guy wrote “…grass is red…” so hah! Regards, MG

To those that have eyes to see…

Regards,
MG