Master Timeline of Mopologetics, Second Edition

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Master Timeline of Mopologetics, Second Edition

Post by Moksha »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:00 pm
Moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:40 am
I knew you first at Beliefnet, so that should also rate a mention.
I was on Beliefnet too. I definitely remember you being there. I remember Ironhold and Kebecer too. Sometimes I wonder what happened to Ironhold
I get Facebook messages from Ironhold occasionally. Last I heard, he was doing well and still has his transformer collection. He was the youngest one there, but he is now in his forties. Even the archived pages Beliefnet promised to save are now gone. That is why books are the best media for preserving history.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:17 pm
And true to form, the Mopologists got mopped up.
Over the years I have noticed that the Mopologists tend to be quirky people and their record of successful social interactions is spotty. I just don't think they excel at interacting with regular people. They have been granted license to interact with members and critics in a quasi-official capacity in defense of the LDS Church because of their talents and unswerving loyalty, but the actual successes seem to be very hit or miss and often miss.

For a while I thought there would be a move toward a more pastoral approach to apologetics, but I don't think it ever really came to much.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Tom wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:11 pm
Internet Archive has an archived World Table home page dated March 12, 2022.
Cool. Well, it will stay a general 2022 event until I get better information on a more precise date.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Father Francis wrote:

I was on Beliefnet too. I definitely remember you being there. I remember Ironhold and Kebecer too. Sometimes I wonder what happened to Ironhold
I get Facebook messages from Ironhold occasionally. Last I heard, he was doing well and still has his transformer collection. He was the youngest one there, but he is now in his forties. Even the archived pages Beliefnet promised to save are now gone. That is why books are the best media for preserving history.
Hey, do you remember the other young guy named Lee Universe? He has also posted here as LDSFaqs?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:22 am
Father Francis wrote:

Hey, do you remember the other young guy named Lee Universe? He has also posted here as LDSFaqs?
Not sure I do. I remember some other people by their posting style, but can't remember their names. That was a lifetime ago for me.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:22 am

How can I forget that whiney and billowing blow bag and all the capital letters he typed. He had a hissy when I was critical of Hugh Nibley's Book of Abraham apologetics. He couldn't believe I was slamming Nibley and begged me to stop helping the other side. But I was advocating the Catalyst theory and was pretty much an outsider for doing so.