From: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: From: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by Res Ipsa »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:55 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:59 pm

I acted in response to a report. What I observed was a thread that had gotten itself back on track, only to see it derailed again. As you aren’t arguing that that the posts I moved weren’t a derail, I’m not seeing a reason to take further action.
I somewhat expected a Merrick Garland answer.

It really doesn’t matter to me whether or not you take further action RI. I’m arguing that there is unequal treatment. The thread in question had been all over the place. My posts were no more of a derail than posts made by there throughout that thread and many others. You know that. You were simply cow towing to a poster that you were fearful of offending.

That’s my take.

Be that as it may, I’m not going to take it any further than I already have.

This is FBI/DOJ shadowy behind the scenes stuff. My feeling is that this goes on and has gone on somewhat regularly on this board. Proof? No. Gut feeling based on experience? Yes.

I’m not going to name names and give examples of where experience has demonstrated this as far as I’m concerned. Enough said for now.

Two tiered justice.

Regards,
MG
Derailing a thread is not a crime and splitting the thread is not a punishment. I have zero sympathy for people who fail to use the report button when they think people are treating them in violation of the rules but instead cry persecution when the rules are correctly applied to them. I’ve said numerous times that I mainly respond to reports. That’s especially true when it comes to derails. In general, if the people participating in a thread are fine with its meanderings, why should I intervene?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

My observation is that on the original thread, when KevinSim was asked some questions he found difficult, or when KevinSim was struggling to escape a hole he’d dug for himself, MG2.0 would turn up and take the thread away into a derail.

Make of that what you will…
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

IHAQ wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:44 pm
My observation is that on the original thread, when KevinSim was asked some questions he found difficult, or when KevinSim was struggling to escape a hole he’d dug for himself, MG2.0 would turn up and take the thread away into a derail.
IHAQ, can you give me an example of a question I found difficult? And an example of a hole I'd dug that I was struggling to escape?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

KevinSim wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:54 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:44 pm
IHAQ, can you give me an example of a question I found difficult? And an example of a hole I'd dug that I was struggling to escape?
OK ... so we'd get this:

IHAQ: <gives example of question found difficult by KS>

KS: What was it about my answer that made you think I found your question difficult?

.... and round and round the hamster wheel we go.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Chap wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:57 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:54 pm

OK ... so we'd get this:

IHAQ: <gives example of question found difficult by KS>

KS: What was it about my answer that made you think I found your question difficult?

.... and round and round the hamster wheel we go.
EXACTLY.