Missionary reunions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
msnobody
First Presidency

Missionary reunions

Post by msnobody »

Do missionary reunions still take place like they once did?
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Shulem
God

Re: Missionary reunions

Post by Shulem »

I somehow doubt that. But just today I was reviewing my mission on Facebook wherein there are quite a few pics posted by people I haven't seen since serving my mission in London, 1982-1984.

Good times!

And elder Mark E. Peterson who came to visit us was an old crotch. But I think elder Paul H. Dunn was honest and genuine because he pointed out (during a private meeting) that the brethren were not actually united as we thought they were. I don't think he liked McConkie. And, he hinted at the idea that coffee will someday be okay to drink.

:lol:
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:25 am
I somehow doubt that. But just today I was reviewing my mission on Facebook wherein there are quite a few pics posted by people I haven't seen since serving my mission in London, 1982-1984.

Good times!

And elder Mark E. Peterson who came to visit us was an old crotch. But I think elder Paul H. Dunn was honest and genuine because he pointed out (during a private meeting) that the brethren were not actually united as we thought they were. I don't think he liked McConkie. And, he hinted at the idea that coffee will someday be okay to drink.

:lol:
Of course, Paul H Dunn doesn't exactly have the best "honest and genuine" reputation.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:36 am
Do missionary reunions still take place like they once did?
Yes. I attended one in October 2019 for my mission president whose service ended in 1991.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

I kind of pictured myself crashing a missionary reunion one day. I crashed a few things back in the day, why not a reunion. Not sure if my missionaries ever had a reunion.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7