First Presidency Announces Annual ‘Tithing Declaration’

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: First Presidency Announces Annual ‘Tithing Declaration’

Post by Moksha »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:10 pm
How about an annual "honesty with my fellow men" declaration?
That could interfere with a business-oriented church.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:49 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:10 pm
How about an annual "honesty with my fellow men" declaration?
That could interfere with a business-oriented church.

Which is the whole point of this thread; I suggests the Church is primarily interested in finding new ways to motivate the members in order to increase funds for the Church. It would be embarrassing if they had to dip into the rainy day account and pull out a few billion to make ends meet.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I imagine the new tithing declaration policy is designed go give members more time to get their finances in order and meet their tithing obligation by year end. So that would mean the matter remains open even after the declaration is made but a final follow-up would take place at year end. More time for the members to scramble and come up with the money. More time to feel pressured and guilty. It seems being a Mormon just gets harder and harder. Best get out now while the getting is good.

:lol:
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Doubling down on 10% of members' income when they know the whole thing is a fraud and ruse after releasing the essays 8 years ago with hundreds of billions in assets. :lol:
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Why does the word "indulgence" come to mind. ;)
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:44 pm
is this why they cleared the bishop's schedule recently? so he can put less focus on ministering to the members of his congretation, and more on collecting money from them?
And their children... a multibillion dollar corporation NEEDS children's pennies or they won't have anything for their rainy day. :evil: The children MUST contribute! :evil: The children MUST obey. :evil:
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:56 pm
Marcus wrote:
is this why they cleared the bishop's schedule recently? so he can put less focus on ministering to the members of his congretation, and more on collecting money from them?
And their children... a multibillion dollar corporation NEEDS children's pennies or they won't have anything for their rainy day. :evil: The children MUST contribute! :evil: The children MUST obey. :evil:
You’ve both been out too long. That’s not what Bishops are focused on.

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:49 am

You've been in too long and can't see what your sorry Church is made of because its melted your brain.

By the way, what's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3? Tell me the name, please. I will never stop asking. For the rest of your life!

:lol:
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:07 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:49 am

You've been in too long and can't see what your sorry Church is made of because its melted your brain.
I think I have enough self awareness to know whether my brain has melted.

It hasn’t. 😉

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:56 pm
Marcus wrote:
:lol: indoctrinate them when they are young, right? the leadership must not think parents are doing a good enough job if they now need to set aside a third of the year for bishops to "teach" families, one on one, the importance of giving their money to a group that's hoarding close to half a trillion dollars.