The Allegory of the Matrix Points to Mormonism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

The Allegory of the Matrix Points to Mormonism

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUM2ny3O_P0&t=4372s

I analyze the Matrix allegory of our lives today wherein each of the 3 movies in the trilogy answers a question. The first movie answers What. 2nd movie answers Why. 3rd movie answers How. I interpret the allegory (taking excerpts from Mark Passio's magnificent 2 hour lecture on its allegory in his You Tube video "The Matrix Trilogy Decoded,") is in relation to Mormonism, a simply terrifyingly perfect fit in almost every way. It stunned me as I was listening to Passio just how completely the allegory fits like a glove onto Mormonism, so here is my lecture on the trilogy and how to live through this horrific event occurring in our culture and lives today.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: The Allegory of the Matrix Points to Mormonism

Post by Dr Moore »

Hey Philo bud, I'm sure you're also familiar with the Simulation Hypothesis. But in case not, or for the benefit of other readers, here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/Simulation-Hypot ... 0983056900

It's actually hard to dismiss with logic or experience. For one, it neatly explains the quantization of time and energy (as manifestations of the internal clock of our "Matrix"), or our inability to observe infinitely small time and energy, as we can do with number line theory.

Looking forward to watching your podcast episode soon!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:05 pm
Hey Philo bud, I'm sure you're also familiar with the Simulation Hypothesis. But in case not, or for the benefit of other readers, here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/Simulation-Hypot ... 0983056900

It's actually hard to dismiss with logic or experience. For one, it neatly explains the quantization of time and energy (as manifestations of the internal clock of our "Matrix"), or our inability to observe infinitely small time and energy, as we can do with number line theory.

Looking forward to watching your podcast episode soon!
I believe you will enjoy it. Thank you for the link to the idea of simulation! Can't wait to watch it. Please don't forget to give me a like button - a thumbs up.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I actually watched your whole episode because you got me with the clickbait, and I was thinking you were going to drop a bombshell of some sort. :lol:

Whatever the case may be, I thought you did a good job and, for me at least, you brought a deeper understanding of the philosophies behind the Matrix to the viewer. I really appreciated the feminine/masculine symbology you pointed out, to include the heart thing (no spoilers from me).

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

I won't be able to watch it anytime soon, but I'll watch it when I have the time.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:40 am
I won't be able to watch it anytime soon, but I'll watch it when I have the time.
No worries, it'll be there for years bud...
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:23 am
I actually watched your whole episode because you got me with the clickbait, and I was thinking you were going to drop a bombshell of some sort. :lol:

Whatever the case may be, I thought you did a good job and, for me at least, you brought a deeper understanding of the philosophies behind the Matrix to the viewer. I really appreciated the feminine/masculine symbology you pointed out, to include the heart thing (no spoilers from me).

- Doc
Yeah, I gotta admit the mischievious angel grabbed me and made me do it... :lol: