Mopologist William Schryver Continues His Descent Into Madness

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Mopologist William Schryver Continues His Descent Into Madness

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Physics Guy wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:45 pm
I still wonder about this one, but it is plausible that BMPs get used in all kinds of roles besides the official main one of being one of a dozen-odd vehicles in a motor rifle company, so maybe this lone BMP was one of those detached vehicles.
The BMP could’ve been used for any number of things - fire support, running ammo to positions, running field chow, ferrying troops, mechanics coming out to fix a busted drive train on something, or it could’ve just been an officer’s vehicle to ‘command’ from. There’s dozens of things a running vehicle can do for a commander in the field; it’s really just up to their mission and whatever requirements higher needs done.

Also, ref the video I wanted to make a point I neglected ref combat videographers/photographers. When I was assigned to a tier one unit we had a detachment of media dudes. Quite often they’d be in the field recording ops for various reasons. These guys were “in the crap”, so to speak, so someone exposing themselves to a surrendering fire team for propaganda use isn’t abnormal. Photographers are always in a risky situation in a combat environment.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Physics Guy wrote:
If this is true, it's a horrifying situation from the Russian point of view. Surrendering in battle when the situation is hopeless is one thing, but voluntarily driving out to hand over an armed and armoured vehicle to the enemy for cash is plain treason. It's a big step worse than just sabotaging your own vehicle and walking home.
Horrifying? Well, if you are Putin maybe.

But from the point of view of your average badly fed, badly equipped and badly led Russian conscript, I'd say that the major reaction to seeing that happen would be "Wow! Really cool - you can we get to do that?"
Physics Guy wrote:
Imagine what your former comrades are going to think of you for handing over the weapon that may well kill some of them.
Compared to the impact of HIMARS and the rest, added to greatly superior Ukrainian leadership and morale, the 'former comrades' are not really going to feel in greatly increased danger from the relatively few incidents of Russian troops succeeding in surrendering a movable item of equipment. The aim of the policy is really to lower Russian unit morale and cohesion by putting it into soldiers' heads that if only they can stay out of harm's way, they may one day be able to stage a successful desertion. And in that I am sure it succeeds.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
DrW
Priest

Post by DrW »

Physics Guy wrote:
Surrendering in battle when the situation is hopeless is one thing, but voluntarily driving out to hand over an armed and armoured vehicle to the enemy for cash is plain treason. It's a big step worse than just sabotaging your own vehicle and walking home.
As noted by the Pentagon, it turns out that sabotage of equipment to avoid combat is not that uncommon among Russian troops in Ukraine.
Pentagon Official wrote:Russia's halting progress in its invasion of Ukraine has puzzled Western observers and analysts, but a senior Pentagon official told The New York Times on Tuesday that Russia's forces, plagued by low morale and food and fuel shortages, have suffered mass surrenders and self-sabotage by conscripts who "deliberately punched holes in their vehicles' gas tanks, presumably to avoid combat."
The Economist wrote: The Economist's Shashank Josh said a Pentagon source told him "with certainty" that Russians are sabotaging their own military vehicles.
Physics Guy wrote:Imagine what your former comrades are going to think of you for handing over the weapon that may well kill some of them. If anybody at home ever finds out what you did, even years after the war, you could expect to be painfully murdered. Tying that white sheet round your barrel and driving over the line would not be a step to take lightly.
With a nod to Chap: Given their circumstances, I don't blame the Russian soldiers for choosing to surrender and turn over their equipment rather than die in a senseless war against an "enemy" that poses no physical threat to their country. They are in a no-win situation because those who sent them to kill Ukrainians stole the money intended for the mission-critical equipment and supplies that they needed for survival - and do not have. If all of their comrades would do the same, tens of thousands of lives would be saved - on both sides.

A recent Russian assessment of battlefield casualties in Ukraine so far is at 90,000. Russian battlefield deaths among the wounded are reported to be at least two times higher than would be the case with western forces because competent battlefield medical attention is essentially non-existent. In fact, there are credible reports of at least one Russian officer simply shooting Russian soldiers who were alive but wounded too badly to continue fighting.

In my experience, the cohesiveness and success of small units in military action result mainly from shared responsibility and trust among those with whom you work rather than from any feeling of national pride or patriotism. This cohesion results from months of rigorous training and years doing your job, which as Doc described, includes additional training exercises involving realistic field environments and combat scenarios. Depending on the conflict, war zone (on-premise) service nowadays involves 50% - 60% of ground forces (Army and Marine) with only 10% to 20 % seeing actual front-line combat - where all the training really pays off.

As the USMC learned when they started taking draftees during Vietnam - things work a lot better with a volunteer force. This is one more reason for the US going to an all-volunteer military. Russian conscripts, up to this point mainly from ethnic minorities, but more recently pulled off the street, may be sent to battle with little or no training beyond how to fire a rifle. They have not had the opportunity to develop this military mindset.

The kind of thing we saw in the surrender video was the result of sending police to a shopping mall, rounding up all the males between 18 and 60, sorting out those who might be connected, and sending the rest to an induction center. From there they are hastily "trained" and sent into battle with little or no protective equipment other than what their families can purchase for them.

Russian conscripts saying goodbye to loved ones before leaving for Ukraine. For some, this will be the last goodbye.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous." (David Hume)
"Errors in science are learning opportunities and are corrected when better data become available." (DrW)
DrW
Priest

Post by DrW »

Expanding upon comments made above regarding the situation for those unfortunate Russians caught up in Putin's mobilization.
Izzt Lugg and Radio Free Europe wrote:
“Everyone's drunk. No uniforms. No food.”

That's Aleksandr Koltun, a thirty-five-year-old father of six talking to his wife back in Russia two days after being drafted and sent to Ukraine. He's the fellow on the right in the photograph. Nine days later he was dead. Now his family can't get any information from the Russian military or government concerning the location of his remains. Poof, he's gone.

Newly drafted Russian soldiers are referred to as mobiki to distinguish them from kontraktniki (contract soldiers) and srochniki (18-year-old conscripts). Mobiki are regarded as simple cannon fodder. They're sent to plug gaps in crumbling defenses on the front lines.

Mobiki have to buy all their own equipment. Uniforms, boots, first-aid supplies, food – just about everything short of a Kalashnikov. The Russian military seems to have plenty of those. But even then mobiki are oftentimes obligated to buy them and sufficient ammunition.

So as you can imagine, mobikis don't tend to last terribly long on the battlefield. They also have a higher rate of suicide and desertion than other Russian troops.

This is Putin's great mobilization. A ragtag collection of ordinary Russian men with limited training and insufficient equipment or food (but vodka aplenty) combined with convicts, alcoholics and drug addicts. You're forced to start wondering just how long the Russian people – or the Kremlin for that matter – are willing to slavishly follow Putin off the cliff of self-destruction.

The story of Aleksandr Koltun has been played out in some form or another, thousands of times since February 24, 2022. Russia has slaughtered thousands of civilians, including women and children by indiscriminate artillery shelling, missile, and drone terror attacks on civilian targets.

The longer this senseless war drags on and Putin uses more and more of his dwindling missile and drone supply to kill Ukrainian civilians, while failing to support his own troops on the battlefield, the weaker his position becomes. These actions only serve to cement the Ukrainian and NATO resolve that Russia must be rendered economically and militarily unable to engage in these kinds of actions until a fundamental change is made in its culture and governance.

The prime minister of Finland, thirty-four-year-old Sanna Marin, recently replied to the question of what needs to happen in Ukraine by simply saying, "Putin needs to leave."

As the leader of Finland, she speaks with some authority on the matter. Finland has integrated its indigenous Sami population (Lapplanders) into society and has successfully defended itself against Russian aggression at least three times in the 20th century without NATO support.

Many, both inside and outside Russia, believe that it needs, and is headed for, yet another revolution. Yeltsin had the right idea in the 1990s but did not have the knowledge or understanding to make it happen. His biggest mistake was choosing Putin as a successor. A free and fair national election at the time would have been preferred.

This time the revolution needs generational change and a new constitution for the adoption of some form of Westen European social democracy. It must be designed to work for the rural populations as well as the citizens of Moscow and St. Petersburg. For a time after Yeltsin, Russia tried to emulate the Chinese model for development - a one-party communist dictatorship that tolerates limited capitalism. But their history, lack of experience and understanding of free market economics, and culture got in the way.

One of the most successful and progressive periods in Russian history was led by a foreign female, Catherine the Great, who was an import from Prussia. Russia currently imports most of its technology and extracts and exports natural resource products for revenue. Once Putin is gone, and the oligarchs have seen the light, the Duma and Russia might want to consider again importing their political leadership for the transition period as was done in the late 18th century - someone who represents a true generation and political change, someone like Sanna Marin.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous." (David Hume)
"Errors in science are learning opportunities and are corrected when better data become available." (DrW)
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Just a quick reminder what William “Moscow” Schryver is defending:

The patch is on a dead Russian’s uniform, and it reads, “I don't need a passport - I'll wait until everywhere is part of Russia.” This is what the world is fighting against. This is fascism. This is what the Mormon priesthood holder and temple-worthy man supports. It’s utterly deplorable.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

Bond wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:00 am
For anyone interested the youtube channel Kings and Generals has been doing some pretty good monthly videos about the Ukrainian invasion. For anyone who likes visuals and maps. (A great channel in general. The videos on the Hundred Years War are amazing imho).

Before the invasion and Feb/March (First phase):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBZPE9o2gHU

April:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2N_fHKrWIg

May:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-93q4GMFT0

June:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIm4mQihHdA

July:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0D0X8V6rg

August:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hZoQ4xebGw

First half of Sept (Kherson and Kharkiv offensive):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJRjKuss_Co
Second half of Sept (Continued Kherson and Kharkiv):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7usqwT-ty4

Six month summary video of Russia/Ukraine War (for person with only 22 minutes instead of several hours):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mJT452uDDc

Will S continues to get high on his Russian supply of copium over on Twitter. One wonders if he'll be similarly favorable to China if they decide to retake Taiwan.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://Twitter.com/alexkokcharov/statu ... 8039108610
Alex Kokcharov

@AlexKokcharov

In #Russia, Putin's billionaire ally and founder of Wagner PMC Prigozhin said that Russia had "interfered, interferes and will interfere" in the #US elections.

Just a thought for all US voters ahead of the mid-terms tomorrow.

Prigozhin added, that the Russian interference in the US elections had been done “carefully, accurately, surgically and in our own way, as we know how".

Prigozhin runs bot farm operations on social media, known as "Olgino troll farms".
I don’t know who the Twitter fellow is, but if accurate the Russians have stopped denying the obvious and feel so confident things will go their way tomorrow they’re openly stating what we already know - that they in fact interfere in our elections. From the Twitter feed above:

https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/ca ... news-site/

^ outlines what the Russians are doing in detail. It’s worth a two minute read.

- Doc
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The idea of forcibly conscripting Russian draft protestors has a Cedar City feel to it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Top Russian propagandist, Vladimir Solovyov, says that Russia waited to announce the Kherson withdrawal until after Nov. 8, to make sure it does not help Joe Biden and the Democrats in the midterms:

https://Twitter.com/juliadavisnews/stat ... 4850185217

Or perhaps they were waiting to see if the election went the other way ref pulling out of Kherson. Regardless, this is just another piece of evidence the Putinist Russians and GOP in its current form are in cahoots politically, which explains why Mormon priesthood holder and temple worthy member William “Moscow” Schryver has completely lost his marbles.

- Doc
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

William “Moscow” Schryver, September 30th:

“Perhaps most importantly, there is a substantial but as yet unknown number of Russian professional battalions previously withheld from this war who will now be added to the front-line striking power – undoubtedly manning a lot of the fresh infusion of armor and artillery that has been observed flooding into the battle zone

William “Moscow” Schryver, November 2022:

Yes. Moving to lower a lower elevation and muddier terrain that lacks robust resupply points is super smart -_-

I think William “Moscow” Schryver, Mormon priesthood holder and temple-worthy member, needs to start using his Powers of Discernment. :roll:

- Doc