Mopologist William Schryver Continues His Descent Into Madness

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Mopologist William Schryver Continues His Descent Into Madness

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Just a quick update on Mopologist, William Schryver. William is still posting his incredibly dangerous and bizarre rants on Twitter. William continues to slather praise and lotion on Putin's backside.

It's the strangest rabbit hole you will ever go down:
https://Twitter.com/imetatronink

Here are just a few of the thousands of insane Tweets from William:
William Schryver wrote: July 26

Fascinating.

A poll of Europeans shows the vaxxed blame Russia for the war in Ukraine to a FAR HIGHER degree than do the unvaxxed.

(For the record, I am unvaxxed and have NEVER masked my face).

William Schryver wrote: July 24

The Russians have, in 5 months, with one hand tied behind their back, eviscerated what was -- BY FAR -- the most powerful army in Europe; built and trained by NATO at great expense over 8 years.

The rest of Europe is STUNNED by what has happened.

William Schryver wrote: July 22

The US will never win another war in our lifetimes ... because they are just plain stoopid.

William Schryver wrote: July 17

One of my favorite things to do when I'm bored is to provoke the #NAFO [Ukrainian Fund Raising Group] idiots to reply to a tweet of mine so I can block them en masse.

They are easily the stupidest troll cult in the world right now.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Re: Mopologist William Schryver Continues His Descent Into Madness

Post by drumdude »

I want whatever that man is smoking. It must be the really good stuff.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

If anyone is interested in a sober and rational look (with updates every week) at the Russian war on Ukraine:

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgr ... ct-updates

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Too bad he wasn’t born 83 years earlier so he could cheer Germany on as it absorbed its own neighbors.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Symmachus
Valiant A

Post by Symmachus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:46 pm
If anyone is interested in a sober and rational look (with updates every week) at the Russian war on Ukraine:

- Doc
Just curious, Doctor Cam, if you were as big a supporter of the Iraq war as the people behind the Institute for the Study of War were and are. Among luminaries like Fred Kagan, a man who has spent decades writing about the middle east without ever having learned anything about it, we have such sober people as Bill Kristol, formerly a favorite at Fox News and the wily impresario who brought us the rationality of Sarah Palin.

Did the sober rationality they had at that time lead you to slander anyone who opposed that policy choice as "slather[ing] praise and lotion on [Saddam]'s backside," as our friend Everybody Wang Chung does, or do you view all historical events, territorial disputes, great power politics, etc. as variations on Hitler, as our noble founder and visionary, Dr. Shades, appears to do? I will say this for the their "Analysts and Associates," though: they are among the best standardized test-takers this nation has ever produced. If I wanted a bunch a bunch of analysts in their mid twenties who don't even speak the languages of the the regions they study to provide important analysis to the US government and media agencies, these are the ones I'd pick. Look at those degrees! Look at those internships! Look at those folded-arm portraits! They probably enjoy craft beers and have ironically named cats, too.

The propaganda surrounding this conflict is so unrelenting and ubiquitous that I am not sure a "sober and rational look" is possible at this time for any organization commenting on the issue to have, especially one dependent on donors like Raytheon and General Dynamics, as ISW is. For those who do not derive their moral self-satisfaction by conjuring up positive mental states from news stories, best to wait and read Thucydides. He is far more more sober and rational than anyone at that organization is capable of. There is an argument that one should support one's side because it is one's side (the emotion formerly known as "patriotism"), but one should make that argument rather than dressing it up with weighty words like "sober" and "rational."
(who/whom)

"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."
—B. Redd McConkie
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Symmachus wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:39 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:46 pm

- Doc
Just curious, Doctor Cam, if you were as big a supporter of the Iraq war as the people behind the Institute for the Study of War were and are. Among luminaries like Fred Kagan, a man who has spent decades writing about the middle east without ever having learned anything about it, we have such sober people as Bill Kristol, formerly a favorite at Fox News and the wily impresario who brought us the rationality of Sarah Palin.

Did the sober rationality they had at that time lead you to slander anyone who opposed that policy choice as "slather[ing] praise and lotion on [Saddam]'s backside," as our friend Everybody Wang Chung does, or do you view all historical events, territorial disputes, great power politics, etc. as variations on Hitler, as our noble founder and visionary, Dr. Shades, appears to do? I will say this for the their "Analysts and Associates," though: they are among the best standardized test-takers this nation has ever produced. If I wanted a bunch a bunch of analysts in their mid twenties who don't even speak the languages of the the regions they study to provide important analysis to the US government and media agencies, these are the ones I'd pick. Look at those degrees! Look at those internships! Look at those folded-arm portraits! They probably enjoy craft beers and have ironically named cats, too.

The propaganda surrounding this conflict is so unrelenting and ubiquitous that I am not sure a "sober and rational look" is possible at this time for any organization commenting on the issue to have, especially one dependent on donors like Raytheon and General Dynamics, as ISW is. For those who do not derive their moral self-satisfaction by conjuring up positive mental states from news stories, best to wait and read Thucydides. He is far more more sober and rational than anyone at that organization is capable of. There is an argument that one should support one's side because it is one's side (the emotion formerly known as "patriotism"), but one should make that argument rather than dressing it up with weighty words like "sober" and "rational."

Spend some time in a former Soviet state. Talk to the people there before you start lecturing the world on this.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Symmachus wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:39 pm
I will say this for the their "Analysts and Associates," though: they are among the best standardized test-takers this nation has ever produced. If I wanted a bunch a bunch of analysts in their mid twenties who don't even speak the languages of the the regions they study to provide important analysis to the US government and media agencies, these are the ones I'd pick. Look at those degrees! Look at those internships! Look at those folded-arm portraits! They probably enjoy craft beers and have ironically named cats, too.
With respect, senator, I do think your irritation may have mildly distorted your evaluation. I have just clicked on the images of those young people, and I find that a number of them do appear to have relevant language skills. That is not everything by any means, but it is not nothing.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Symmachus
Valiant A

Post by Symmachus »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:29 pm
Spend some time in a former Soviet state. Talk to the people there before you start lecturing the world on this.
"You are not allowed to be skeptical of people who have been world-historical failures in their advocacy previous overseas militarism because I possibly spent time in a former Soviet state."
(who/whom)

"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."
—B. Redd McConkie
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Symmachus wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:05 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:29 pm
"You are not allowed to be skeptical of people who have been world-historical failures in their advocacy previous overseas militarism because I possibly spent time in a former Soviet state."
Of course you are always allowed to be as ignorant as you like. Putin takes very strategic advantage of this feature of our democracy and very often successfully uses it against us.
Symmachus
Valiant A

Post by Symmachus »

Chap wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:01 pm
With respect, senator, I do think your irritation may have mildly distorted your evaluation. I have just clicked on the images of those young people, and I find that a number of them do appear to have relevant language skills. That is not everything by any means, but it is not nothing.
I don't see it, Chap. I find two or three people who appear to be from the region. I find it's almost entirely people with BAs in international relations, PhDs in government or public policy, think-tank internships, journalism, previous government, or NGO work. They may or may not be experts, but at this kind of training isn't like training in physics but more like training to be a clergyman.

Anyway, language competency should be the bare minimum, yet not even that is satisfied. In America, it is very possible to have a career as a Russia/China/Middle East expert without knowing the language all that well or at all. Many such cases.
drumdude wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:25 pm
Of course you are always allowed to be as ignorant as you like. Putin takes very strategic advantage of this feature of our democracy and very often successfully uses it against us.
Yes, my skepticism means I am an ignorant Putin fan.

Just curious, how many eastern European languages do you speak? I read several (not counting the ones no one speaks anymore). Would you be able to tell the difference between Ukrainian and Russian? I would.

Of course, the best Russian propaganda is in Russian, so obviously not knowing Russian means you can be more objective, right?
(who/whom)

—B. Redd McConkie