Backyard Professor Sunday School Now!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Backyard Professor Sunday School Now!

Post by Kishkumen »

It’s live! It’s awesome! Go now!

See it on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/mi5XyzwSxHo
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Backyard Professor Sunday School Now!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Thanks Kish! It went well for the most part. I videoed the sunrise this morning and shared some excellent thoughts on our relationship to our environment and why being a "Jesus Freak" is just not quite the way to go...
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Thoroughly enjoyed this. I highly recommend watching.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:28 pm
Thoroughly enjoyed this. I highly recommend watching.
Thank you, that means a lot to me.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Just listened to it again on my walk. Excellent!
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:41 pm
Thanks Kish! It went well for the most part. I videoed the sunrise this morning and shared some excellent thoughts on our relationship to our environment and why being a "Jesus Freak" is just not quite the way to go...
Sounds great, and like a point of view I would agree with.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

The sunrise was beautiful. You always make me laugh when you get up to go get something and come scurrying back. :)
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

msnobody wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:54 pm
The sunrise was beautiful. You always make me laugh when you get up to go get something and come scurrying back. :)
I know, right? The irrepressible energy of the Backyard Professor is so infectious and charming!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I need to learn to control my angry rants, although it felt good letting it out. These kinds of things just boil my blood man... I make a fool of myself, but people get hurt and it isn't about me being a fool, it is about social justice and decency in our humanity. I cannot for the living life of me figure out why that is so fricking hard for people to grasp. TOO MUCH attention to Trump in our country.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:35 am
I need to learn to control my angry rants, although it felt good letting it out. These kinds of things just boil my blood man... I make a fool of myself, but people get hurt and it isn't about me being a fool, it is about social justice and decency in our humanity. I cannot for the living life of me figure out why that is so fricking hard for people to grasp. TOO MUCH attention to Trump in our country.
Oh, wrong program, that was the Sunday night Fireside where I let er rip - carry on.... :lol: :roll: