My Apology to BYU & Mormonism Concerning the Racist Incident at BYU

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

My Apology to BYU & Mormonism Concerning the Racist Incident at BYU

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UWYlfeywmg

I apparently jumped the gun on judgment, so I do the only thing a real genuine human can do, I apologize sincerely, and move on to greater things.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: My Apology to BYU & Mormonism Concerning the Racist Incident at BYU

Post by Binger »

Massive respect.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

We should all be so quickly able to apologize and admit fault. I'm hopeful for the day we will see Mormon institutions and apologists do likewise. It's a powerful thing for garnering trust, and is not shameful. Doubling down is the natural human response, and always causes more problems.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

For those of us who don't have an hour and a half to watch the video, what did you originally say about the incident that was incorrect?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:34 am
For those of us who don't have an hour and a half to watch the video, what did you originally say about the incident that was incorrect?
That’s what I was wondering too, and I watched it (if I’m referring to the right video).
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Cool.

Hopefully new data or information on the matter doesn’t appear and you have to issue an apology for apology now. Hopefully.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:00 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UWYlfeywmg

I apparently jumped the gun on judgment, so I do the only thing a real genuine human can do, I apologize sincerely, and move on to greater things.
Lesson learned in this instance, right? In this day of instant news and instant response it is difficult NOT to jump on the bandwagon. Especially when it involves a cause in which we may feel passionately about. And then when it involves people and/or organizations in which we might have a preconceived negative bias of one sort or another this might feed into it.

Anyway, we all learn. You apologized. Well done. That’s a man. 🙂

Go Lady Cougs! Unfortunately their awesome game which they won sort of got lost in all the controversy.

Regards,
MG
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

You apologized in a calm rational manner. Yeah, baby! :D
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace