University of South Carolina Cancels Basketball Games With BYU Over Racial Incident

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MetaProf
Nursery

Re: University of South Carolina Cancels Basketball Games With BYU Over Racial Incident

Post by MetaProf »

Binger wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:05 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:28 am

https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... tures/Book of Mormon/2-ne/5?lang=eng

Whilst this^ is still within the doctrinal canon of the church every sporting entity that believes in fighting racism should boycott BYU.
Now do Notre Dame, Georgetown, Loyola, Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Boston College, Villanova, Fordham, Howard, St. Louis, Santa Clara, Pepperdine, USF, USD, Depaul, Texas Christian, Baylor, Marquette, St. John's, Seton Hall, Xavier and Providence.

I am particularly interested in seeing your plea to ban sporting events at Xavier and Howard which are also a HBCU. There are approximately 40 more of schools like those.

After all, they have not disavowed the Bible or Christianity, including this:
14Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. 15And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. 16And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
Now is a good time to not be racist any longer. It is also a good time to not be stupid. BYU has a lot of things to improve. I have left the religion that underwrites the university and I do not include BYU on my resume or bio (I transferred and graduated from Tulane). But it is just another form of discrimination and a triggered reaction to a hoax that is behind this thread, behind the suggestion to ban BYU and behind the Gamecocks' decision to un-schedule BYU. These sorts of double standards are pointless and harmful. After all, would you really ban Howard and Xavier from NCAA competitions for the same reason, or no?

Let the kids play sports. Leave the woke and hoaxes out of it. There is enough racism in the world that must be eradicated, we don't need to imagine more and hoax our asses off
That you think there is a universal consensus that the “curse of Cain” = black people… is what the woke people call Telling on yourself.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: University of South Carolina Cancels Basketball Games With BYU Over Racial Incident

Post by Binger »

MetaProf wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:22 am
Binger wrote:

Now do Notre Dame, Georgetown, Loyola, Gonzaga, St. Mary's, Boston College, Villanova, Fordham, Howard, St. Louis, Santa Clara, Pepperdine, USF, USD, Depaul, Texas Christian, Baylor, Marquette, St. John's, Seton Hall, Xavier and Providence.

I am particularly interested in seeing your plea to ban sporting events at Xavier and Howard which are also a HBCU. There are approximately 40 more of schools like those.

After all, they have not disavowed the Bible or Christianity, including this:

Now is a good time to not be racist any longer. It is also a good time to not be stupid. BYU has a lot of things to improve. I have left the religion that underwrites the university and I do not include BYU on my resume or bio (I transferred and graduated from Tulane). But it is just another form of discrimination and a triggered reaction to a hoax that is behind this thread, behind the suggestion to ban BYU and behind the Gamecocks' decision to un-schedule BYU. These sorts of double standards are pointless and harmful. After all, would you really ban Howard and Xavier from NCAA competitions for the same reason, or no?

Let the kids play sports. Leave the woke and hoaxes out of it. There is enough racism in the world that must be eradicated, we don't need to imagine more and hoax our asses off
That you think there is a universal consensus that the “curse of Cain” = black people… is what the woke people call Telling on yourself.
I don’t.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Binger wrote:
IHAQ wrote:

https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... tures/Book of Mormon/2-ne/5?lang=eng

Whilst this^ is still within the doctrinal canon of the church every sporting entity that believes in fighting racism should boycott BYU.

This is a discussion board specifically about Mormonism and we are discussing the University owned and operated by the Mormon Church.
Please stay on topic.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:02 pm
IHAQ wrote:

But rather than jumping on the virtue signaling bandwagon as has been the case this past week on this board, these same folks ought to ask more questions and do more research before jumping to conclusions and following in line behind you.

One place to start:

https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/arc ... -blackness

Others besides Brant Gardner come down more on the side of metaphorical explanations for the scriptures you point to in the Book of Mormon. Whether they are right or wrong is a point of conjecture and argument. In the meantime we ought to be careful about our judgements and condemnations.

What we can say is that BYU and the LDS Church come down definitively on the side of anti racism and loving ALL of our brothers and sisters. THAT is what we ought to move forward with, in my opinion.

That’s all I’ll have to say on this topic except to say it is better to ask MORE questions, not less, and to study it out in our own minds using as many sources of information as we can.

I’m sure that you would recommend, for example, the link I posted as essential reading material to news media organizations and/or others who are WOKE.

Regards,
MG
Do you think the Lamanites are a real people whom God cursed and turned their skin black?
Do you support the Church in promoting that racist belief in its scriptural canon?

For reference, this racist belief is being promoted by Missionaries across the globe today and every other day:
And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 5?lang=eng
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

But look here, like MG says, it's all OK and not racist at all, because saying that the Lamanites were white before and then were turned black just means that they were good guys before but then they changed into very bad guys.

Surely no black person could possibly find that insulting or racist?

Oh, wait ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:54 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:46 pm

:roll: just when you find yourself in a tough spot....
As usual. I suppose there are worse ways to concede a point.
Not quite. It’s typical MG trolling. Comes in to crap circular garbage all over the board: “hey antichrist(x), we just don’t know, but I know more than you, and you’re biased but I’m not, and you’re asking the wrong questions which I’ve asked, and if you special plead enough as I have done, eventually you get to the perfect clarity of a mental gymnastics frenzy - it’s great trust me!” And then, predictably, runs out of dodges to direct logical questions, abruptly takes a “I have a life” break, then misses the attention and will return to make the thread all about him and his special recursive logic again. Going back over a decade… tens of thousands of posts which say precisely nothing.

I read some of the replies to MG posts up thread and it’s actually becoming evident that MG prefers to see the church’s brand of racism persist. But we’ll never know because I’m sure MG condemns racism, except when the church does it, but for sure racism is bad as Nelson teaches, and you should just overlook centuries of systematic racist doctrines and practices, except when non Mormons did it. Slippery as Trump, equally narcissistic.
This is a bunch of Dr. Moore crap. One long series of lies and ad hominem.

I stand by everything I’ve said upthread. By the way, DUKE and the South Carolina coach came out with such lame responses after BYU’s thorough investigation came up with NOTHING. ZIP. NADA.

These two universities, DUKE and South Carolina are held captive to the woke establishment so prevalent in many of our universities. Glad to see there is actually going to be some pushback in SC.

They CAN’T offer up any kind of an apology to BYU.

Are we going to hear anything from the eggheads at ESPN? Rachel’s godmother? Her dad? Rachel?

I doubt it.

I like Jason Whitlock.

Here’s what he has to say after this racial idolatry fiasco (his words, not mine):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYE8ybYNuP4

I listened to his response on his podcast:

https://www.theblaze.com/podcasts/fearl ... n-whitlock

Dr. Moore, I think it might have been you,earlier, that I told to go take a hike.

If it wasn’t you, I’ll say it now…go take a hike.

I am so tired of woke folks jumping on the bandwagon of racial idolatry and screaming at those who don’t worship at that alter.

They don’t deserve our support or worship.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:46 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:10 pm

I’ve got to move on to other things for the rest of the day.
:roll: just when you find yourself in a tough spot....
As usual. I suppose there are worse ways to concede a point.
Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:54 pm

Not quite. It’s typical MG trolling. Comes in to crap circular garbage all over the board: “hey antichrist(x), we just don’t know, but I know more than you, and you’re biased but I’m not, and you’re asking the wrong questions which I’ve asked, and if you special plead enough as I have done, eventually you get to the perfect clarity of a mental gymnastics frenzy - it’s great trust me!” And then, predictably, runs out of dodges to direct logical questions, abruptly takes a “I have a life” break, then misses the attention and will return to make the thread all about him and his special recursive logic again. Going back over a decade… tens of thousands of posts which say precisely nothing.

I read some of the replies to MG posts up thread and it’s actually becoming evident that MG prefers to see the church’s brand of racism persist. But we’ll never know because I’m sure MG condemns racism, except when the church does it, but for sure racism is bad as Nelson teaches, and you should just overlook centuries of systematic racist doctrines and practices, except when non Mormons did it. Slippery as Trump, equally narcissistic.
couldn't agree more.

"tens of thousands of posts which say precisely nothing."
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:39 pm

couldn't agree more.

The fact that you agree with this crap Moore puts out there simply strengthens my position.

Regards,
MG
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:15 am
Marcus wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:39 pm

couldn't agree more.

The fact that you agree with this crap Moore puts out there simply strengthens my position.

Regards,
MG

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:25 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:15 am

Regards,
MG

- Doc
Yay.

Regards,
MG