Ugly Anti-trans Bigotry @ BYU?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Ugly Anti-trans Bigotry @ BYU?

Post by Dr Moore »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:42 pm
Like Dr. Moore, I’m pretty confident that the anti-trans culture warriors will eventually be the losers, but I don’t think we’re close to that yet.
Yeah, though I sense trans-acceptance is on the exponential part of the s-curve. My son’s best friend just came out as a girl. No one in their friend group cares. Same person, is what they say. I’m proud of them.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:12 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:42 pm
Like Dr. Moore, I’m pretty confident that the anti-trans culture warriors will eventually be the losers, but I don’t think we’re close to that yet.
Yeah, though I sense trans-acceptance is on the exponential part of the s-curve. My son’s best friend just came out as a girl. No one in their friend group cares. Same person, is what they say. I’m proud of them.
Could very well be. I’m not concerned about my daughter’s peers at all. And when that generation is in charge, it simply won’t be an issue. But R politicians always pick a boogie man, and right now Trans folks are a major target.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:21 pm
Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:12 pm
Could very well be. I’m not concerned about my daughter’s peers at all. And when that generation is in charge, it simply won’t be an issue. But R politicians always pick a boogie man, and right now Trans folks are a major target.
“Trans folks” are a major target? Where and how.

Do you distinguish between trans folks and liberal and progressive ideologies?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:11 pm
Speaking of boobs. Why is cosmetic surgery to change one’s appearance, to include genitalia (labiaplasty, butthole bleaching, dong straightening, etc.) cool with Mormons, but a trans surgery isn’t? If you’re not happy with what God gave you, why don’t Trans people get similar consideration?

- Doc
Where are the hair shirts, the racks, and the iron maidens of yesterday? Are non-LDS faith traditions growing soft? The LDS Church still has Stake Centers to burn heretics and witches.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace