Are Mormon parents stupid?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Are Mormon parents stupid?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:04 pm
Thanks Doc, I wonder is it “…very much accepted in the Micronesian culture to have a large sleepover” of young girls at an unrelated single adult males house?
I honestly don’t know. However, when Mormons yell and spit on members of the LGBTQ+ community calling them ‘groomers’ I’m astonished at the lack of self-awareness and house keeping, so to speak.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
IHAQ
God

Re: Are Mormon parents stupid?

Post by IHAQ »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:11 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:04 pm
Thanks Doc, I wonder is it “…very much accepted in the Micronesian culture to have a large sleepover” of young girls at an unrelated single adult males house?
I honestly don’t know. However, when Mormons yell and spit on members of the LGBTQ+ community calling them ‘groomers’ I’m astonished at the lack of self-awareness and house keeping, so to speak.

- Doc
It's interesting that the Apostles will speak out generally about being welcoming to all, but they don't do anything to stamp out behaviour the likes of which you mention. The perpetrators could be thrown out of the Church, you know, like Gay parents are. But it never happens. They positively reinforce bad behaviour against gay people by members by not doing anything about it.

They say child protection is important, yet they don't require background checks and still promote the idea that Church Leaders and Priesthood Holders can be automatically trusted, and they got to great lengths to hide from members just how wrong that is by actively covering up examples where discernment has failed and children have been hurt.