From: Elder Holland Criticises The Extravagant Cost of LDS Temples

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
msnobody
Prophet

Re: Elder Holland criticises the extravagant cost of LDS Temples…

Post by msnobody »

Returning what I think is a OP relevant post back to the original thread:

msnobody wrote: ↑Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:28 pm
An excerpt from the book I just finished reading:

"Until now, I had no idea that the bondage he was speaking of was encapsulated in a tiny business-sized card that I had carried in my pocket. Prior to being freed in Christ, the Church held me captive by my sin. In order to attain God's forgiveness, I had to keep repenting of my sins to my religious leaders and fulfill whatever they required of me to find penitence. In this way I have been a slave to the Church. Through the liberating truth contained in God's Word, I had now been unshackled and freed from that bondage by Christ's blood. All that held me to this religion, then, was this small piece of paper that I now knew represented by indentured servitude to the Church.
With this understanding, I willingly placed the card in President's hand." Passport to Heaven-- Micah Wilder

This so reminds me of Deuteronomy 7:6-8 but it was because the LORD loves you... that the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you

It is amazing the things that have such a stonghold on our lives and we often are not even aware.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Res Ipsa
God

Re: From: Elder Holland Criticises The Extravagant Cost of LDS Temples

Post by Res Ipsa »

When the moderators move posts, please do not repost them to the thread they were moved from. If you disagree with something the moderators do, please send any of us a PM and we will discuss what was done and let you know what we think.

Thanks.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:23 pm
When the moderators move posts, please do not repost them to the thread they were moved from. If you disagree with something the moderators do, please send any of us a PM and we will discuss what was done and let you know what we think.
Thanks.
Respectfully, I PM'd Shades and was told to Feel free to repost just the non-derailment part back within the original thread.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

msnobody wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:23 pm
Thanks.
Respectfully, I PM'd Shades and was told to Feel free to repost just the non-derailment part back within the original thread.
Thanks. We’ll get our ducks in a row.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.