My Joseph Smith & Entheogens Podcasts Now available

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: My Joseph Smith & Entheogens Podcasts Now available

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:29 pm
I listened to the first two installments today on my drive to work (I have a really long commute). What a treasure Philo Sofee is! That’s my first thought. Among those I have communicated with on the topic of Mormonism, he is one of the closest to my own viewpoint and sensibilities. His ability to separate the Joseph Smith of the past from the LDS Church of today is a rare attainment. I have enjoyed the series thus far. I really look forward to completing the whole of it!

I'm glad you like the first two but I thought they were rather so-so. Parts 4 & 5 were when the Backyard Professor shines and the heart of the matter comes into play by introducing the Holy Ghost. I have a thread up in the Celestial forum if you care to comment there. Anyway...
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:18 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:38 pm

Funny thread.

Timothy Leary did start a religion of sorts though. Hmm…

Didn’t amount to much.

Regards,
MG
Joseph’s did though. Yeah, Shulem, at the end of the day, as you say, it does come down to angels, golden plates, and the like.

Or hallucinogenics. Does the input equal the output in this instance (if it is hallucinogens). Or does output (scriptures, church, etc.) beg the question of what WAS the input?

Drugs don’t seem to do justice to the output.

In Leary’s case, input didn’t result in any surprising output.

I think this is another example of trying to spin gold from straw.

But, hey man, whatever turns you on.

Regards,
MG

Your self-reflection is evident or so it seems.

Have you ever dropped acid, MG? Are you qualified to comment on these things and how it may have effected Joseph Smith?

This is bigtime, baby. Yeah baby! You're talking to Shulem. You know how that goes.

;)
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

MG 2.0 wrote:
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:38 pm

Funny thread.

Timothy Leary did start a religion of sorts though. Hmm…

Didn’t amount to much.

Regards,
MG
Joseph’s did though. Yeah, Shulem, at the end of the day, as you say, it does come down to angels, golden plates, and the like.

Or hallucinogenics. Does the input equal the output in this instance (if it is hallucinogens). Or does output (scriptures, church, etc.) beg the question of what WAS the input?

Regards,
MG
Mg, there have been connections at time between religion and entheogens or drugs. The chemicals do not supply the ideas or forms but are something of a catalyst for connecting experience and ideas . Myths images spiritual interest or goals become part of the experience. In this sense nobody would be trying to suggest that psilocybin was the source of the ideas forming the Book of Mormon or the Mormon version of Christianity. Those are things which create the form and direction of the growth of the LDS church. The theory here is that psilocybin may have added an experiencial boost.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:03 am
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
Mg, there have been connections at time between religion and entheogens or drugs. The chemicals do not supply the ideas or forms but are something of a catalyst for connecting experience and ideas . Myths images spiritual interest or goals become part of the experience. In this sense nobody would be trying to suggest that psilocybin was the source of the ideas forming the Book of Mormon or the Mormon version of Christianity. Those are things which create the form and direction of the growth of the LDS church. The theory here is that psilocybin may have added an experiencial boost.
I hear what you’re saying. I don’t buy it. There are too many potential witnesses that would inadvertently spill the acid and someone would have been burned.

If you want to go this direction, fine. But I think it’ll just another silly idea, among others, being formulated/concocted in order to try and explain away angels, God, and plates.

Be that as it may, carry on. Enjoy the ‘trip’ to nowhere.

Regards,
MG
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:40 am
huckelberry wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:03 am
I hear what you’re saying. I don’t buy it. There are too many potential witnesses that would inadvertently spill the acid and someone would have been burned.

If you want to go this direction, fine. But I think it’ll just another silly idea, among others, being formulated/concocted in order to try and explain away angels, God, and plates.

Regards,
MG
Mg, so you do not buy the theory, I incline to think it incorrect myself. I am uncertain as to what you mean by getting burned here however.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
But I think it’ll just another silly idea, among others, being formulated/concocted in order to try and explain away angels, God, and plates.

MG,

Allow me to ask a simple question, a yes or no answer will do.

Is it possible that the men while in the Kirtland temple between the hours of 9:00PM - 5:00AM were under the influence of entheogens?

Is it possible? Yes or no?
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:59 am
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
Mg, so you do not buy the theory, I incline to think it incorrect myself. I am uncertain as to what you mean by getting burned here however.
Joseph and Co. would have been exposed as frauds.

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:53 pm
Joseph and Co. would have been exposed as frauds.

Keep it hush hush just like he did when he had Hedlock hack of Anubis's nose in a fraudulent presentation of the Facsimile No. 3 and the bogus translations given thereto.

Yeah, fraud. And speaking of fraud, I've pointed out that a king's name is not in the writing in which Smith claimed to interpret by his amazing ability to translate ancient languages. However, if he was taking acid like blue boy he might have seen any name he wanted!

:shock:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Acid Head Joe wrote:Fig. 1. Abraham sitting upon Pharaoh’s throne, by the politeness of the king, with a crown upon his head, representing the Priesthood, as emblematical of the grand Presidency in Heaven; with the scepter of justice and judgment in his hand.

Fig. 2. King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.

Fig. 3. Signifies Abraham in Egypt as given also in Figure 10 of Facsimile No. 1.

Fig. 4. Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt, as written above the hand.

Fig. 5. Shulem, one of the king’s principal waiters, as represented by the characters above his hand.

Fig. 6. Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince.

Abraham is reasoning upon the principles of Astronomy, in the king’s court.

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Is it not interesting how people just using their imagination can create fantastical images and stories. Consider Bosch garden of earthly delights and many many more.Think of science fiction or fantasy stories.