My Joseph Smith & Entheogens Podcasts Now available

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: My Joseph Smith & Entheogens Podcasts Now available

Post by Philo Sofee »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:53 pm
My immediate reaction was of complete skepticism. The experience seems too different from the reported experiences in early Mormonism. I read some of the material on the subject posted in Celestial. I do not know if it was any particular that caused it but I found myself questioning my first skepticism. It is possible a strong leader who people trusted could control the experience of others by controlling surroundings, expectations and direct leading of peoples thought and awareness. I am unsure how well a person with skill in directing people could do this but there may be a possibility. I see a maybe what if sort of possibility. Perhaps Joseph Smiths ability to lead peoples expectations and imagination and peoples large trust in him could work with a mushroom assist.
Part of the paper I based my podcasts on described Joseph Smith as being in the role of a shaman for the people, to guide them through their experiences, so you have this right, so far I can tell. It is precisely the same with the Siberian Shamans or the South American or Navajo and Hopi and Sioux shamans. They are there to guide you through the experience, singing, chanting, talking, making suggestions, etc.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:44 am
huckelberry wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:53 pm
My immediate reaction was of complete skepticism. The experience seems too different from the reported experiences in early Mormonism. I read some of the material on the subject posted in Celestial. I do not know if it was any particular that caused it but I found myself questioning my first skepticism. It is possible a strong leader who people trusted could control the experience of others by controlling surroundings, expectations and direct leading of peoples thought and awareness. I am unsure how well a person with skill in directing people could do this but there may be a possibility. I see a maybe what if sort of possibility. Perhaps Joseph Smiths ability to lead peoples expectations and imagination and peoples large trust in him could work with a mushroom assist.
Part of the paper I based my podcasts on described Joseph Smith as being in the role of a shaman for the people, to guide them through their experiences, so you have this right, so far I can tell. It is precisely the same with the Siberian Shamans or the South American or Navajo and Hopi and Sioux shamans. They are there to guide you through the experience, singing, chanting, talking, making suggestions, etc.
Timothy Leary muchly used the same approach.

He's on the outside, looking in. ♮ :shock:
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:46 pm
Shulem , I was not trying to determine what your angel experience was , I was asking you. It is a bit confusing to say those early Mormon vision must be drug induced but your own experience is not. That could be accurate but it is as if you were arguing with yourself.(but sometimes there are real angels) Ok maybe. I do not know for sure what happened In Kirkland.
Yes, that could be a bit confusing.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:25 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:46 pm
Shulem , I was not trying to determine what your angel experience was , I was asking you. It is a bit confusing to say those early Mormon vision must be drug induced but your own experience is not. That could be accurate but it is as if you were arguing with yourself.(but sometimes there are real angels) Ok maybe. I do not know for sure what happened In Kirkland.
Yes, that could be a bit confusing.

Regards,
MG
Shulem, would you care to elaborate on this?

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:23 pm

What more is there really to say than what I've said? I seem to recall mentioning this experience on this forum before. Anyway, it was the middle of the night and my companion and I were woken by TWO angels that caused the entire room to light up with a warm-like celestial glow that felt as sweet as honey and a feeling of glory. It's really that simple. I could see them even though my eyes were closed and I was lying on my back on the lower bunk. My companion was in the upper bunk and raised himself upward and saw them and they made a certain gesture -- a head nod of approval. That is what he told me the next day. They were dressed in white illuminating robes. They came into our realm to comfort us and assure us that we were doing exactly what we were supposed to be doing.

It's really that simple. I am not making this up. I didn't dream it or imagine it. And I'm damn sure not lying! My companion witnessed it and we talked about it the next day in somewhat hushed terms and then left it at that. We just figured it was the work of the restoration moving forward.

I don't care whether people here believe me or not. I don't give a damn. I'm just saying what happened.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Philo,
The website looks great! Amazing you're already up to near 100 episodes. I have some catching up to do!
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:24 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:23 pm

What more is there really to say than what I've said? I seem to recall mentioning this experience on this forum before. Anyway, it was the middle of the night and my companion and I were woken by TWO angels that caused the entire room to light up with a warm-like celestial glow that felt as sweet as honey and a feeling of glory. It's really that simple. I could see them even though my eyes were closed and I was lying on my back on the lower bunk. My companion was in the upper bunk and raised himself upward and saw them and they made a certain gesture -- a head nod of approval. That is what he told me the next day. They were dressed in white illuminating robes. They came into our realm to comfort us and assure us that we were doing exactly what we were supposed to be doing.

It's really that simple. I am not making this up. I didn't dream it or imagine it. And I'm damn sure not lying! My companion witnessed it and we talked about it the next day in somewhat hushed terms and then left it at that. We just figured it was the work of the restoration moving forward.

I don't care whether people here believe me or not. I don't give a damn. I'm just saying what happened.
How do you dovetail this with your current position that the church isn’t true?

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:32 pm

Oh come on man. People all over the world have visionary experiences by blessed beings of other realms who make appearances. My circumstances were not unique and not necessarily a confirmation that the church is true. Not at all. It was however, a confirmation that what I was doing in life was what I needed to be doing in order to accomplish what it was I needed to experience in life to fill the measure of my own creation and choices. It may interest to know that I have a thread in the celestial forum, God, the Meaning of Life, that explains all of that and it's rather long but I've been able to figure things out for myself, and guess what? There is so much more than boring Mormonism which is just a stepping stone or an experience that some people need to experience what it is they really want in life.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:43 pm
Philo,
The website looks great! Amazing you're already up to near 100 episodes. I have some catching up to do!
Thanks! Yes I am upping my game and attempting to produce as much quality information as I know how. I appreciate the moral support in our learning - onward and upward!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:59 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:32 pm

Oh come on man. People all over the world have visionary experiences by blessed beings of other realms who make appearances. My circumstances were not unique and not necessarily a confirmation that the church is true. Not at all. It was however, a confirmation that what I was doing in life was what I needed to be doing in order to accomplish what it was I needed to experience in life to fill the measure of my own creation and choices. It may interest to know that I have a thread in the celestial forum, God, the Meaning of Life, that explains all of that and it's rather long but I've been able to figure things out for myself, and guess what? There is so much more than boring Mormonism which is just a stepping stone or an experience that some people need to experience what it is they really want in life.
Just so this does not go unnoticed, this is profoundly inspiring - thanks for sharing this Shulem. Thanks for being vulnerable, and yet at the same time giving us a wonderful teaching and learning experience.