My Joseph Smith & Entheogens Podcasts Now available

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: My Joseph Smith & Entheogens Podcasts Now available

Post by huckelberry »

MG, to some extent I share your concern. I wonder if with a bunch of fellows all been dosed there would a definite chance some journeys could leave the guide path and go in some disruptive or out of place locations.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Never underestimate the feelings people can experience, and the things they can “see” when properly primed.

The craziest shared experience I've had was when I was about 14, and even caffeinated soda was the Devil's urine. It was when me and some friends were exploring an abandoned house.

We all swear we felt something push past us. We all swear we saw a chair go across the room. I am legitimately feeling anxious and getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

The one person who was there, in that room, that didn't feel it, or see it, was a friend who had been outside for most of the time we were exploring other rooms of the house. In other words, the only person who didn't feel and see what the rest of us did was unsurprisingly the person who wasn't there as we were gassing each other up with fear and adrenaline.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:15 pm
Never underestimate the feelings people can experience, and the things they can “see” when properly primed.

The craziest shared experience I've had was when I was about 14, and even caffeinated soda was the Devil's urine. It was when me and some friends were exploring an abandoned house.

We all swear we felt something push past us. We all swear we saw a chair go across the room. I am legitimately feeling anxious and getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

The one person who was there, in that room, that didn't feel it, or see it, was a friend who had been outside for most of the time we were exploring other rooms of the house. In other words, the only person who didn't feel and see what the rest of us did was unsurprisingly the person who wasn't there as we were gassing each other up with fear and adrenaline.
Doctor Steuss, I think you make a good point reminding us that there is a variety of ways that people can get carried away in a group excitement. One could consider how wild some of the revival meetings were in those days to consider the possiblity that the Kirkland experience may have had other sources than psilocybin.I admit it is a bit curious to consider the possibility of mushroom amplifying peoples spiritual experience there. I certainly do not know one way or the other but I keep in mind that there are a more than one other possible explanation.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I've pondered how it may play out and how it might look if the brethren in the Kirtland temple really were dosed on acid from the hours of 9PM to 5AM wherein Joseph left the Twelve at 9PM to continue their spiritual quest and journey without the Presidency present. Had they been properly dosed with acid either in the wine or bread (at that late hour) they would begin to trip about 45 minutes later. They would be peaking by 2AM in which hallucinations would be in full swing. Yeah baby! And they would continue through the night (depressant wine notwithstanding) and would start to come down hard by dawn.

I can only imagine these brethren together not knowing they were drugged and thinking that it was the Spirit enveloping them together in an amazing spiritual experience in which they could enjoy their visions together not realizing the fantasy of it all.

Yeah baby! Church apostles dropping acid! Joseph Smith was an acid head!

Yeah baby!

Take that, MG.

;)