Sic et Non Is Dead

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Sic et Non Is Dead

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:07 pm
No one home today except me and the kidney stone. Not fun at all.

Regards,
MG
That's what you get for not obeying the WoW and sneaking Snapple Iced Tea into your garage.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248633#1
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:56 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:42 pm
a point of curiosity here, did Smokey actually get banned or did he just tire of posting stuff. I wondered a couple of times if the persona and point of view was all just a fiction which the author tired of so ended and adopted a new different persona.
Smokey was a board terrorist. If there was anyone who should have been banned--I thought he was--it was Smokey.
Kishkumen, I agree hence my question. My inclination is to be tolerant but I felt Smokey exceeded my tolerance limits.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:18 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:11 pm

Upthread it was observed a couple of times that banning a poster is rare. Binger thought that funny, doubting its accuracy I would think. I am aware of limits put on some posters for a period of time. I think LDSfaqs could only start threads in a limited forum. It limited the number of youtube links from him.

Is a question about actual banning somehow off limits or private?
Does anybody actually know?
I was banned. Kidney stone today. Sitting around in pain. Should be reading a book.

Regards,
MG
Sorry to hear about your kidney stone. That's a pain I would not wish on anyone.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

sympathy for MG at this time is certainly appropriate. Hope you get relief soon MG.